Chapter 13. It's over

Comincia dall'inizio

I felt bad for saying no but all I could think about was sleep at that moment. "Lucas, seriously I'm tired. After 3 hours in Alex's class the last thing that's on my mind is sex."

His grip on the steering wheel tightened and he scoffed "Of course."

"Excuse me?" I asked

"Nothing." He said, a few seconds later he pulled up at the dormitory "We're here."

I unbuckled my seatbelt and turned to face him. A sigh left my lips. "Are you mad now?"

"No."

"Well it certainly seems like you are. Is it really that big of a deal that I'm tired and want to sleep?"

"It's not that Emma, is that I feel rejected by you." He said looking at me with a mad look on his face.

"I'm not rejecting you. Where is all this insecurity coming from?"

"I don't know, maybe by the fact that my girlfriend is tired from drooling over her friend's older brother?" He asked in a mocking tone.

I'm too tired to deal with this.

"Lucas, what the fuck is your problem? The other day it was the guy that asked me for my notes, then Stefan who gave me a ride home, then there's our usual issue Nate, and now Alex? My professor??"I asked with a raised voice "Since when are you that jealous?"

"You're my girlfriend I can be as jealous as I like to be."

Since when am I his property?

"Well if you keep this behaviour up I'm not gonna be your girlfriend much longer." I spat out and opened the door of his car "Goodnight." I slammed the door behind me and headed to my dorm.

Why the fuck is he acting like that?

I've never given him a reason to doubt me. Damn it, I don't even look at other guys anymore. Why is he acting like that?

God. All I need is a LONG hot shower and my bed. The rest of the world can wait until I've had my sleep.

~~

I woke up by a knock on my door the next day.

I ignored it trying to go back to sleep. The person on the door insisted making me get up eventually.

I walked to the door yawning. I opened the door only to find an equally tired, as I was feeling, looking Lucas.

He gave me a bitter smile raising both his hands. "I come in peace."

Of course you come in peace, you're the one who screwed up.

"Did you come to your senses?" I asked crossing my hands over my chest.

He sighed "Yes."

"Come in then."I stepped aside so he could come in and closed the door.

"I'm sorry. I acted like a dick. I don't even know why you're with me since it's obvious I don't deserve you." He said sitting on my bed and then ran a hand through his blonde hair.

I sat on the bed next to him and grabbed his hand in mine.

He looked up at me and I gave him a small smile "Well you're okay...when you're not being a dick."

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

"Let's just forget it okay? It's enough for me that you realized you were being unreasonable."

"I was." He said and placed me on his lap with one sweet movement "I love you." He whispered before placing his lips on mine, capturing them in a small sweet kiss.