Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

He looked like he still wanted to fuss but didn't, "Okay were already on our way so when you get here we should already be here."

"Be careful please."

"I will, you to."

I ended the Facetime call soon after and sighed. I couldn't deny that I was a bit nervous but I pushed all of that to the back of my head. I rubbed down my body in my favorite body butter, it not only made me smell good but kept my skin moisturized and gave it a nice glow. Once I was rubbed down I grabbed my swimsuit and put it on. Although it was a one piece it was far from boring. I'm sure there would be plenty of eye candy there dressed in barely anything I already knew I was going to stand out from the rest. From the front it looked like any old one piece but my whole back was expose and so were the sides exposing some side boob.

I combed my hair up in a semi neat bun and let my baby hairs lay where they may and put on a small gold chain and bracelet combo that August had got me some years ago. Along with some gold midi rings and gold diamond studs in my ears. I threw on my coverall and tied it loosely at the waist and slipped on my black turquoise and gold Valentino Gladiator Sandals and I looked at myself in the mirror. I already put on my makeup one I got out of the shower, eyeliner, mascara and some Mac lip gloss.

I grabbed my purse after deciding I was good to go and went to go check up on Kaliyah. I got her dressed first and she was chilling on the couch watching TV. She had on a pink skirt one piece and I had her long hair braided back in two thick braids and she was wearing her clear glitter jelly sandals.

"Is it time to go," she sat up.

"Yes."

She smiled and turned the TV off and got off the couch and grabbed her bag with a change of clothes and her towel and other things. If anyone was excited to go it was her, she loved swimming. Honestly she loved any kind of water in general. Parents complained that there kids hated bath time but not Kaliyah. She loved splashing around in the tub and usually stayed in until the water got cold.

I grabbed my bag and soon we were walking out the door and I sent a quick text to Danielle telling her that I was on the way. Once we got to my car she got in and after I made sure she was buckled up I handed her her shades and she slid them on her face and I slid on mine as well ready to get this day over with.

-

When I pulled up to Mace's house the party was already in full swing. Danielle helped Kaliyah out of the car and while we walked to the front door and Danielle and Braeden talked about the house like they've never seen it before I was checking my surroundings. Mace had a gated entrance so when we pulled up there was a guy standing there. I recognized him from a few times I've been here and he waved me right in.

We walked through the house and inside I noticed a few people hanging out but none I recognized so I kept it moving. Once we got outside l looked around. Mainly kids were in the pool along with a few adults and for the most part everyone else was chilling out pool side talking and doing whatever else. With my shades still on my face I looked around until I spotted August who was already headed our way.

"Here comes your boo," Danielle joked and I wanted to say not for long but he didn't know about what we had planned for today. It was to bad because as he made his way over I checked him out from behind my glasses and couldn't help but sigh. He had gotten a hair cut last time I seen him but his hair was still long enough to grab on just like I preferred.

Like the daddy's girl that she was Kaliyah closed the distance between them and he picked her up and hugged her kissed her cheek. They both had smiles on there faces and seeing them interact always brought a smile to my face but I tried not to smile to hard because I could literally almost feel the eyes on us.