Wait, What Did You Say?

For a split second, I forgot who I was. I forgot my name, I forgot why I was even at the music store in the first place.

"Zoe, Yeah...yeah that's my name."

"That's a beautiful name."

"I'm a huge fan of yours," I blurted out.

"We just met and I'm a huge fan of yours," he said with a smile. The creases on the sides of his mouth did the thing that they do. It was the signature Josh Dun smile. And I got to witness it first hand. I couldn't believe what was happening. Josh Dun was my favorite human to ever walk the Earth, and he was standing right in front of me. And did he just say that he was a fan of mine? What was that supposed to mean? Did he like my hair? Did he want to touch my boobs? I have to know.

"Will you walk me to my car?"

"I thought you would never ask," he said.

As we exited the large building, I pointed to the left hand corner of the parking lot, signaling that we needed to walk in that direction.

We ended up circling the parking lot four times; not wanting to end our conversation. I've seen fan pages about him on Instagram (I followed all of them,) and his quirky drumming pictures from Twitter, but I never really knew that he was so, so real. He told me everything you would ever want to know about the sexy drummer from your favorite band. In those short minutes of walking, he had become one of my closest friends. He made me feel important, even though I met him about 30 minutes earlier. Before I knew it, we were standing on the driver's side of my car.

"Zoe, would you go out with me sometime?"

"You mean a date? With me?"

Josh grabbed a black pen from his back pocket, picked up my hand, and wrote down his phone number. His hands were extremely soft, and I couldn't help but stare at the prominent veins running from his shoulder, to his wrist. The vibrant colors of his tattoos mesmerized me. I soon snapped out of my daze.

"I thought you would never ask," I gave him a wink and got into my car.