Followers

A tiny bit of anxiety. Mostly fluff.

Phil's P.O.V.

"Dan? Come on, we have to get going now." I throw my words over my shoulder, barely glancing back. Our fans are crazy right now, they're trying to follow us back to our hotel. Which has happened before, but not to this extent. There's got to be sixty or seventy of them, it's insane.

"Ph-phil? Where'd you go?" I hear Dan call from within the crowd of our fans. He's not hard to pick out, considering he's taller than everyone else. I try to push through the crowd with people swarming around me.

"Look everyone, I need you to get out of my way!" I start to raise my voice, getting anxious as I see Dan. He has an expression of terror behind his eyes that is well hidden from everyone but me. "I need to get to Dan!" I say to everyone, they don't listen and just continue to yell for pictures and swarm around us. "Get out of my way!" I yell. "Please." I add, hoping they won't get mad.

People start parting with a shocked expression on their face. I wade through the crowd to get to Dan and get out of there. "Sorry guys!" Dan says nervously, as we leave. "I'm not feeling so well, and we really get to get going." He finishes up. We turn and walk off, some convention guards just now getting there.

"Very sorry about that. Would you like us to escort you back?" One of the guards says. Dan grabs my hand and I turn around to see him frantically shaking his head no.

"Um, no, that's okay. We'll be fine on our own, thank you though." I say, peeling off to the left with Dan still attached to my hand.

Not that I don't like it, I do. Dan's hands are surprisingly soft and gentle. The feeling of his hand against mine, him touching me. It sends tingles up my arm, and my heart beats a little bit faster. I think I've always liked Dan, but I've only loved him for a while now. It's hard, hiding something like love from everyone. Especially with Dan being my flatmate and my best friend. I just wish he loved me back.

Of course, we exchange those I love you's, but that's just normal friendship thing that we do. Nothing special. Yeah, sometimes we hold hands, but that's nothing special either. I mean, there have been a couple times where I'll say something to Dan and he'll blush. A few times, I thought we might have been flirting but then Dan would get a bit flustered and walk away. I was never sure what that was about, but I don't think there is any way that he loves me too.

I look back at him worriedly and he catches my nervousness. He intertwines his fingers with mine and my heart beats just a little bit faster. "I'll be fine." He says, looking at the ground. "Especially now that you're here." He half mumbles.

I look back at him, my eyes wide, only to find him avoiding my gaze. He sneaks a glance at me, biting his lip. I pretend not to notice the blush on his cheeks or the way he squeezes my hand. I pretend not to notice that fact that I might actually have a chance with him. I pretend not to realize that I might not have to pretend anymore.

As we get back to our hotel, Dan collapsed into tears. I hold him in my arms, as it seems he can't support himself right now. "Ph-phil, I'm sorry." He wipes his eyes. "I must seem so pathetic."

"No, no. Not at all." I kiss his forehead. "You're just fine."

We go about our routine, not talking about anything that happened at the convention.

A while later we are in our separate beds, trying to sleep. When I thought Dan was finally asleep, he starts talking. "Hey Phil?" Dan whispers, trying to suppress his sniffling. I hum in response. "Um, I was having nightmares and I was wondering if I could maybe sleep with you tonight?" He blushes slightly and looks at the floor. "Sorry, that's stupid. I'm a grown man, I should just sleep by myself, huh?" He chuckles nervously.

"No, no. You're fine. C'mon you moron, I don't mind. We're best friends after all!" It hurts to say stuff like that, but I have to. He looks a bit sad as he crawls into bed with me.

"Thanks." He mumbles as we drift off to sleep.

I sleep better than I ever have before.

Dan's P.O.V.

I wake up a while later to Phil cuddling me. It's always awkward for me, Phil is the kind of person who needs physical contact and I just don't. Not to say I don't like it, I feel like anyone could plainly see that I like Phil. A lot, maybe more than I should.

I guess that I've always loved Phil. I've just never admitted it to anyone else or myself.

I snuggle up to Phil, letting our legs tangle together and resting my head against his chest. I can always blame it on sleeping if he wakes up. Then I feel Phil waking up, stirring a bit as he's still half asleep. He freezes for second, making his movements small as to not wake me up. I act as if I'm still asleep and I feel him kiss my forehead.

"If only you knew how much I love you." I hear him say quietly. "If only you loved me back." He sighs. Wait. Phil loves me? I wait about twenty minutes before acting like I'm waking up. I open my eyes and tilt my head back in order to see Phil. He made sure that he wasn't cuddling me like before once he woke up, maybe he doesn't like me? "Good Morning sleepy head. Did you sleep okay?"

I tilted my head up to look into his eyes. I could swim in those eyes, god, they are beautiful. "Yeah, I did." I spoke, and only then did I notice how close we actually were. How close our lips were. "Um, thanks for letting me, you know, sleep with you. I was being a little wuss last night, I guess." He presses our foreheads together and my breath hitches, I hope he didn't notice. When he chuckles a bit I know that he did.

"You're fine." He pauses. "Shall I go make some breakfast?" He start moving away a bit.

"No! I mean, could you just stay here for a while." I cough. "I- Yeah. I mean, if you want to that is." I curse silently. "Or not, just never mind. Do whatever. You can go make breakfast if you want."

Phil's P.O.V.

"No, it's fine. I can stay, it's no problem." I say, crawling back into the bed with Dan. I wrap an arm around his waist, pulling him closer as his face turns red. I laugh, realizing in that moment that he does like me in the same way I like him.

He lifts his hand up and trails it down my arm, making my heart beat even faster. He finds my hand with his and intertwined our fingers. He glances down at my lips and then back up. I push our noses together, waiting for him to give me a signal that what I'm about to do is okay. Instead, his face heats up and he stutters. "I- um- I need to go to th- the bathroom, yeah. The bathroom! I'll be back!" He says stumbling off the bed and out of the hotel room.

Only then did I realize that we have our own bathroom, so why did he leave? Does he hate me? Is he mad? Or just not ready?

I start making breakfast, because after all, I was still hungry. And when Dan comes back, if he comes back, I want to have food ready. I sit on a chair in the little kitchen, in contemplation, when I smell something burning and hear the door open all at the same time.

"Oh my god! What have I done!?" I rush to turn off the burner and get the food off of the stove. In the process my hand falls flat on the burner, which isn't very hot anymore but I'm a wuss, and I cry out in pain, dropping everything on the floor.

Dan rushes into the kitchen. "Oh my god, Phil! What did you do?" He ran over and put my hand under the running water. "My poor baby." He murmurs. My hand is now feeling better, as I only had it on the burner for a millisecond.

I smile. "Your baby?" Dan stands up and positively smashes his lips onto mine, and I respond immediately by pulling him close to me. His arm wrapped around my neck, hands in my hair. My hands on his waist, pulling him closer than we've ever been before. This was home. Home is Dan.

"I love you."

"And I love you more."