If I was ever at the apartment, Chase made sure to make some sort of move. Nothing that crossed any lines of course, but he always did something to get my attention. Any and every time I left my room, Chase would pop up. He had made sure that no matter what, I was left feeling somewhat uncomfortable, and somehow longing for something more from him all at once.

It wasn't until I returned to my room completely flustered that I would remember Zac and I were together.

"You give a compelling argument." Lewis nodded as he rubbed his chin in thought. His sight was trained in on a spot towards the upper corner of the dining hall. He was all about this philosophical look in the moment. "What's your closing statement?" He went on, finally locking eyes with me.

I rolled my eyes. "Again. I am your best friend." I reiterated for him, trying to make sure my wording was clear.

"Can you tell me why you really-"

"Chase won't quit hitting on me!" I finally caved, falling back into my uncomfortable dining hall chair before crossing my arms over my chest. Both Alan and Lewis' eyes were suddenly glued to me with my newest revelation. I had refrained from telling either one of them about Chase's new circumstances for our relationship. I knew deep down that if I had told them earlier, it would only make things weirder within the group.

The buddies rule may have worked on Alan, but if anything, it only made things with Chase worse.

"I'm sorry." Lewis paused as he sat up in his chair. "What?"

"I second that," Alan added. His eyebrows were furrowing as the two tried to dissect the situation.

"After the group meeting on Monday, Chase came to some crazy conclusion that upping the sexual tension between us was the right payback for creating the buddies rule. Now he won't quit cornering me around the house and trying to breathe on my neck or creepily caress my shoulders." I shivered at the mere thought. "That's why I need to move out."

Every part of me had wanted that type of relationship with Chase, but not like this. Not under these circumstances. I had wanted a real relationship, one with compromise and late night talks, maybe a kiss here and there. I wanted things the way they had been, but I wanted my feelings for him to be mutual.

Chase on the other hand simply wanted to drive me up the wall with his stupid tension building actions.

"He's getting to you," Lewis concluded with a smirk as he nodded his head slowly.

"What?"

"You heard him." Alan nodded along, tossing a hand out in Lewis' direction. "Chase is using your feelings against you."

"And it's working, obviously," Lewis announced. Their words were only making my face turn bright red.

"Shut up," I muttered, allowing for my sight to drift down to the textbook in my lap. "He's not getting to me."

"Oh yes, he is." Lewis' voice mocking that of a valley girl. "You like him, always have, always will. And now that he's actually acting on those feelings that you both have for one another, you're scared."

"I'm not scared, Lewis." I hissed. "I just have a boyfriend." I shrugged it off, trying to play things cool.

Lewis nodded my way as he finally relaxed back into his chair. "You're correct. You do have a boyfriend."

"Thank you." I sighed in relief.

"One that's coming straight for us." Lewis finished with a sly grin. "And may I say, he looks extra peeved for some reason. Maybe Chase whispered sweet nothings into his ear too-"