“Narcissa,” Lucius walked into the room with an annoyed look on his face. “Can I talk to you upstairs for just a moment?”

“Certainly, honey,” she said and automatically followed him out of the room, leaving Draco and me alone.

I sipped my tea very slowly – and loudly – so that Draco would look at me with that lopsided grin that I loved. I didn’t look at him, but I could feel his eyes on me. His hand caressed my knee, which sent tingles up my leg. He started to moved his hand up my thigh, which just made those tingles move faster. I pulled my cup away from my lips before looking over at him. I half smirked at him before his hand decided to explore further. My cup dropped from my hand onto the carpet and grabbed his hand to stop it from exploring too far. We didn’t move. The tea completely soaked the white carpet, but we didn’t care.

“Draco,” I murmered before his lips were hungrily on mine.

We shouldn’t have been snogging in a public room where anyone could just walked in on us, but we didn’t care. I know I sure as hell didn’t. My hands reached for the buttons on his pants, but he pulled away from me, making me gasp rather loudly. I didn’t want him to pull away. I didn’t want him to move away from me. I wanted him to be touching me because it hurt too badly to have him right there and not be. He looked at me, panting a little before pulling his wand out of his pocket and waving it to clean up the mess that I had made. He placed the cup on the table before getting up.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered. “I’m sorry that I did that just now. I just make things more difficult for both of us. I shouldn’t have been selfish.”

“Draco,” I cried out as he started to walk away. “Draco, wait!” I stood up, trying not to cry. I just wanted to be with him before I left. I was being selfish just as well. He couldn’t punish himself and not me as well. I had to leave that night. I wanted one last day before it happened, and my parents having Narcissa get me was a dream come true. He just had to go and ruin it. “One more kiss?”

He stopped at the staircase, his hand on the railing. He slowly turned to me with sad eyes before shaking his head. “I love you,” he whispered so low that I barely heard him.

He turned and walked away.

“I love you, too,” I whispered, but he wasn’t able to hear me.

Suddenly, my mom came through the door from the direction of the entrance hall. She didn’t look the happiest, but she smiled when she saw me standing there. She looked tired and sad, but she was still the beautiful woman that I remembered. I closed the distance between us quickly and pulled her to me tightly. She seemed to have lost weight as well, but I shrugged that off. She was probably trying to fit into her old wedding gown, and with her baby weight, she couldn’t have fit into it. I then felt sad all over again because I would be missing a very important day in my mother’s life, but I couldn’t possibly be there. It wasn’t safe for me or my little sister.

“I’ve missed you so much,” she said, stroking my hair.

“I’ve miss you too,” I said and truly meant it.

It hadn’t occurred to me until that moment right there exactly how much I missed my mother. She was always there for me whenever I needed her. No matter what it was, she was there for me, but I couldn’t possibly tell her exactly what I had planned. It would break her heart. I just knew it. It was breaking mine just by thinking about it.

“What’s this?” she asked, her eyes finding my necklace, which I realized had come from underneath my shirt where I had tucked it securely in place where no one would see it. Her hand was already around it before mine could get there. “Is this what I think it is?”

“Mom, I can explain-“

“You don’t have to,” she smirked. “So, when did he propose? You know that I want to hear all the juicy details. When did he do it? Where did he do it? How did he do it? You’re not going to leave me out, are you?”

I smiled at her. “No, mum, I’m not going to leave you out, but can we talk about this somewhere else?” I grabbed her wrist. “It’s just that-“

“His parents don’t know? Why don’t they know?”

I shrugged. “I’ll fill you in when we are not even close to them. Okay? Can we please just-“

That time I had cut myself off. My eye had drifted from her face and down to the wrist that I was holding. There was something about it that had caught my eye, but I wasn’t completely sure about what it was. It didn’t give me a good feeling though. I took my other hand and slid the sleeve of her shirt up. I immediately dropped her hand, my mouth hanging open in shock. How could it have been? My mother couldn’t have possibly have had that. Not by choice anyway.

“Mother-“

“You don’t understand!” she shrieked.

I shook my head. “I understand plenty.”

“Court, baby-“

“No!” It was my turn to shriek. “You knew that he was a deatheater when you went back to him didn’t you? What? Did he promise you that you wouldn’t get marked as well?”

She sighed and sunk down into the loveseat that had just been the spot I had been so happy in just moments before. “You have to understand something-“

“I don’t have to understand anything,” I yelled, anger seeping into every pore of my body. “Just tell me what he did to you. I need to know what he did to you.”

A/N: Hello! sorry guys about the long wait. Papers and finals are kicking my ass along with math, but hey, I ditched sleeping to upload for you guys. AND i have some awesome news to share with you guys!: DRACO MALFOY'S DIRTY LITTLE SECRET MADE THE SECOND ROUND OF THE WATTY AWARDS! i'm soooooo flippin' excited. i will be sure to send out a public message with the link to the voting page when wattpad gets it up! i hope you all will vote for mine over the other fanfictions! x] nah, just kidding. vote for whoever you like!

in other news, the contest is coming to a close. remember that wed, dec 7th, is the last day i will accept entries. i have decided to announce the winners via video, which i'm pretty pumped for x] so, this is the part where i tell you what i want you guys to do for it: post ONE question that you want me to ask on this chapter. i will choose my favorite ones and answer them in the beginning of the video. happy asking!

oh! and don't forget to...

Comment, Vote, & Love <3

A Beautiful and Terrible Truthजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें