Chapter 38 " Too Familiar "

Start from the beginning

Jason: Yes Sir Daniel?

" Tell the table behind me that they can order the pancakes. Give it to the little girl. Then tell Chef Zack that it's my call. Thank you. "

Jason: Ok Sir Daniel right away.

Jason went back to the table behind me as I heard him telling them that he can actually order the pancake if they still want it.

Yes please Mr. I want the pancakes! Thank you..

Said the little girl. How old is she? I found myself intrigued by her.

And for me I'll just have your BLT sandwich. And two orange juice please.

Said the man. And the waiter acknowledge his request and went back to the kitchen to inform the chef.

I heard a cellphone ring behind me and the man answered it.

Hello! Yes.. Wait I can't hear you I'll just go out..

Then there was silence. I resume on drinking my pop when I felt someone spoke behind me.

Hi there.. How are you?

When I turn around that's when I saw her. The little girl was leaning on the booth from where she was seating on and she was facing my direction. She's smiling down at me and she got those perfect white baby teeth. Her face looks smooth and her cheeks are rosy. There is something familiar on her face, it's as if I have seen her before.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know that you can't talk. Can you hear me though?

I found myself smiling to this little girl.

" Yes I can talk and I can perfectly hear you. "

Ohhh.. I'm sorry again.

" No it's alright. You don't have to apologize "

But my mom said if I think I offended someone, I should apologize.

" Your mom is right... I heard you ordered some pancakes "

Yes! They are my favorite.. And I also like pancakes with abs!

" Pancake with abs? What is that?! "

Pancake with abs are waffles! 

After four years I found myself laughing. I don't care if some of the people inside the restaurant were looking at me. Some of my employee here might think that I am getting crazy, I don't care.

The little girl talking to me is like a breath of fresh air. She also has an accent.

Are you alright Mr. ?

" Yes I'm ok. It's just you made me laugh. I haven't laugh likethis for such a long time. "

She was looking at me and I saw her brows furrowed. Then she starts to ask me again.

Do you know the difference between a school teacher and a train?

It's as if I met a younger version of me. This little girl is for keeps, so I just go with her question.