Darling Paranoia- A Jonathan Crane Fan Fiction Sequel

Start bij het begin

"Scarface has gotcha a surprise when we're finished," Sugar said lightly, smiling at Shannon, "He's been lookin' and lookin' and Billy brought in a man who… Well, you'll see."

Sugar did good work with the awful conditions of Shannon, making her limp hair look somewhat fuller and shading her face with all sorts f makeup to make her look as she had in her prime, when she had been with Jonathan… When she showed Shannon, she had nearly screamed again. The girl in the mirror was not the same one as about an hour prior.

She was led out of the bathroom and back into the main room, where Scarface sat in the lap of the Ventriloquist, surrounded by his men and now an extra, professional looking man with a bald head.

"Ah, Paranoia," Scarface chuckled as Sugar led Shannon to stand beside him, and then helped by holding her up, "I'd like you to meet Victor." Her blood froze at the name. Victor… That was Zsasz's first name…

"Dr. Fries, if you will," the man said a bit irritably. Shannon let out a breath of relief. She knew this man was a villain- he was the infamous Mr. Freeze, a relatively old man- but he wasn't the murderer she feared most.

"Yeah, yeah," Scarface rambled, uninterested, "Well, Dr. Fries here says he may have a way to salvage that leg of yours." Shannon frowned. Salvage her leg? What was that supposed to mean?... Shannon quickly looked over the man and saw he was holding some sort of suitcase.

"If you would just come over and sit on the bed?" Dr. Fries suggested, shooing the other men away from the piece of furniture as he sat down the suitcase, "This shouldn't take long at all." Sugar supported Shannon as she made her way to the bed. She sat down on the side, and her eyes widened when she saw the brace like thing with little needle spikes running down the middle of it and some little vile filled with some sort of medicine at the top.

"What is that thing?" Sugar asked for Shannon as Dr. Fries examined his patience.

"Something to help her leg," he answered blandly, not paying much attention. He watched Shannon a moment more, then glanced over at Scarface. "I need privacy to do this. She may have to lift her dress so I can get the brace settled… If you don't mind?"

"Course not," Scarface responded, "Anything for my best girl. Come on all you, we'll be going next door to Billy's room. Let's give the doc some privacy." Everyone was quiet as Scarface and his men, plus Sugar, walked out, and then the door closed. Shannon watched Dr. Fries silently as he went about dusting off one corner of the contraption.

"So, Mrs. Shannon Crane," Dr. Fries sighed, "what are you doing here with such a criminal as Scarface? I don't think you're husband would appreciate the danger." Shannon's eyes widened. He recognized her.

"How did you-"

"You're back in Gotham now, Mrs. Crane," Dr. Fries interrupted, "People will recognize you, and that may not be good especially because you are supposed to be floating somewhere out in the ocean."

"Oh," Shannon said softly as Dr. Fries lifted one of her legs slightly.

"May I?" he asked, to which she nodded, allowing her dress to be tugged up, "I'm glad this went to you, Mrs. Crane. You are who it was meant for."

"What?" Shannon asked as she watched Dr. Fries lift her leg up and down, bending it slightly.

"Yes, Jonathan was having it made for you. The Joker introduced us and I thought I could help out," Dr. Fries explained.

"You know Jonathan?" Shannon asked quickly, "Do you know where he is? Please, I need to find him."

"I am sorry, Mrs. Crane, but your husband has been in hiding ever since his escape," Dr. Fries sighed, letting her leg go and going back to the contraption he planned on attaching to her, "I figured you may be looking for him.."