Zac nodded slowly before closing the passenger's side door. "I did, too." He whispered as he took a single step towards me. "I can't believe I waited this long to ask you out. I don't know what I was nervous about." Zac rambled, the man reaching up to scratch the back of his neck.

"Don't blame yourself." I laughed. "I could have asked you out a million times since we met," I said, gaining a wide grin from him in return.

"I'm just happy we did it now." Zac sighed, allowing himself to lean in just centimeters from my face. Within seconds, his lips brushed against my left cheek. The simple kiss was short but sweet enough to take my breath away. I bit hard into my bottom lip to keep myself from turning around and kissing him on the lips. I had a rule about kissing on the first date, and it seemed as though Zac did, too.

"Can we do this again?" I blurted out, trying to make it come off smoothly as I caught his eye. He nodded vigorously, his hand clasping onto my own.

"Definitely." He breathed. "I'll text you on Sunday? I'll know my schedule for the week by then." Zac finished. He dropped my hand, leaving me standing alone on the sidewalk as he made his way to the other side of his car. "Have a good rest of your night, Bree." He said, giving me a small smile before he got into his car.

Zac drove off, his car fading into the distance. Though that sounded way too dramatic. I shook my head before turning on my heel and walking down the path towards Alan and Lewis' building. I had no regrets about tonight, it was everything I could have asked for and more. Though things seemed grim between Chase, Alan, and myself, I was happy I was able to have a short reprieve from the fighting. Zac had been the perfect distraction.

I made my way into the building. The hallways were emptied out given it was a Friday night. Most of the parties were held off campus to avoid campus security. They would only have the police to worry about at this hour, and the neighbors of the party houses rarely called the cops.

Alan and Lewis lived up on the second floor, their apartment being one of two on that floor. Usually, three to four people were meant to live in those kinds of dorms. But somehow Alan and Lewis had gotten away with it. Probably because Chase's dad had married Lewis' mother this past year, and he was one of the main donors. Lewis was now untouchable in the dean's eyes, much like Chase and I. But the three of us never got into any trouble, anyways.

Upon coming up to the second floor, I could see the two's apartment door was propped open with one of the many textbooks we had gotten last week. I frowned and walked forward, needing to investigate further. Their door was almost always shut. The only times it was left open was when Chase and I were around, and from the looks of it, Lewis was home alone.

I warily walked it, kicking the textbook aside before making my way into the apartment. Shutting the door behind myself, I glanced around to try and find the lights. The living room to my left was pitch black, and the kitchen to my right was barely lit with the light from Lewis' room. I shook my head before making my way around the kitchen and to the back hallway. Lewis seemed to be holed up in his room.

"Did you not see me?" Lewis called from the living room. I jumped, my back slamming against the counter that outlined the kitchen. One of the bar stools lining the counter tipped over, the sound echoing through the quiet room. "Didn't mean to scare you." He laughed lightly. He was smirking, I didn't need light to see that.

"Do you usually sit in dark rooms when no one is home?" I huffed, my right hand flying up to cover my heart. It was beating out of control. Lewis didn't usually scare me, but when he did, it was in stupid situations like this.

"Not really." He shrugged. I set the flowers down on the counter as I watched him stand up from the dark blue couch in the living room. His foot smacked down against the leg of the coffee table as he walked over to me, the man hissing in pain as he did.