Daniel

Disclaimer: photos are used for artistic purposes only. They represent what the author believe the physical character looks like. This story in no way reflects the person in photo life. Any parallels are purely coincidental. If you are the own of the photo used and would like it removed, please email the other at lafreddieb@yahoo.com with the link and your photo will be removed.

2
Daniel

"Oh my God," Tiffany screamed as she entered the formal living room. "Baby, what are you doing sitting in the dark."

"Where you been," I responded as my eyes adjusted to the light.

"Well, hello to you too, husband" she spat back sarcastically. "How was your day?"

"Quit trying to be cute and answer the question."

"I told you I was going out with my girlfriends after work," she replied as she removed her shoes and placed her purse on the chair nearby. "It doesn't matter now. I'm home now."

Leaning forward, I placed my elbows on my knees before I responded to what I knew to be a lie.

"I'm gonna ask you one more time and I want you to tell me the truth for a change."

"Danny, what is all this? So, I'm a liar now?"

"No," I screamed as I jumped from my seat. "I'm asking the questions here. You've been running around here for months feeding me crap, pushing our problems off on me, and I've been bustin' my butt to take care of this family and dealing with the mess you been dishing and I'm sick of it. Now, answer the question."

"I don't know who you think you yelling at," she shot back. "You better lower your voice before you wake my kids."

"My kids are at my parent's house. Now tell me! Where were you all night?"

"I keep telling you I was hanging out with my friends," she screamed as you shook yourself violently as if to drive her point home.

Calmly, I sat back in the big arm leather chair normally reserved for special guest in my home prepared to show my partner – or opponent in this case – my hand. Before I laid out all of my cards on the table, I casually raised my left foot and rested it on my right knee as I glanced out the front window and sipped on the bourbon in my glass. Just as she turned to head up the stairs I made my move.

"Was that the same girlfriend that you were walking hand and hand with on State Street this afternoon?"

Just as I suspected, I grabbed her full attention causing her to abort her mission to escape the room.

"What are you talking, Danny?"

"Or were you hanging with the girlfriend that my business partner witnessed you playing footsie with at the Chop House downtown?"

With each passing moment I could see that I was hitting a nerve.

"When was I supposed to be at the Chop House?"

Revealing the best part of my royal flush, I laid down my ace. "Or how about the girlfriend that I witnessed you kissing in these pictures," I stated as I pointed towards the stack of images next to my Nikon D3200.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she responded as she marched across the foyer into the kitchen. "You don't have pictures of me kissing anyone."

"Really," I replied as I snatched the images from the table and pursued chase following her into the kitchen. "Take a look for yourself. Tell me how my eyes are playing tricks on me. Tell me it's not my wife locking lips with another man in those pictures."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jun 24, 2016 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

A Praying Grandmother जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें