"Alright Stace?" She asked. My eyes watered instantly. I couldn't believe she had the energy to smile and act as if nothing had happened to her.

"I could ask you the same question." I replied faintly. Her face relaxed and she blinked numerous times.

"Oh hunny, don't cry." By then it was too late. The tears raced down my cheek rapidly, I sniffed a couple times.

"I was so worried mum."

"I'm fine Stace."

"You're in a hospital." I pointed out. She turned away, "what happened to you?"

"We won't go into that right now, okay?" I watched her closely and she sighed, "please." I decided to comply and gave a brief nod. I weren't about to stress her out even more, and myself. Us arguing right now wouldn't benefit anyone.

"How is she?" I questioned, gesturing a nod towards her stomach. It took her a while, but eventually she managed to lift her hand onto her stomach to give it a gentle rub.

"She's fine." She answered.

"Thank God." I rubbed my face and dried my damp cheeks. Now I didn't have to worry about the threat of a miscarriage. I sighed deeply in relief and rested my hand onto her cool forehead, "you're very cold." I stated.

"I know darling, I'll be okay."

"Are you sure you don't want any more covers?" She shook her head and her lips broke out into a weak smile once again.

"Stop worrying so much Stace, you'll stress yourself out and get wrinkles early." I gave a light chuckle and kissed her on the cheek before hugging her.

"Aunty, you're okay..." we both turned to see Michelle and Brian stood by the door. Mum's eyes widened, she wasn't expecting to see either of them today.

"Michelle hunny, come over here. You too Brian." Brian laughed and they both stepped closer towards the bed, giving her a gentle hug each. We all stayed by her bed-side for a few hours before being dismissed.

A week later I had walked out of the college gates with Tracy, Danielle and Georgia. These 3 were my main bitches - well, okay, they were really good friends. It was amazing that Georgia and I met up when I first arrived in Manchester; we were once best friends in primary school, before I had left to go to London of course. It really is such a small world.

"How's ya mum Stace?" Danielle asked as we crossed the road.

"She's fine thanks, still recovering."

"An' how's Brian ay?" Georgia whispered with a light nudge. Georgia and Michelle were the only ones who knew about the crush I had on Brian. Even though I fancied him a little, I wasn't about to jeopardize the relationship I had with Javon, even if he still lived far away. I had made up my mind, that as soon as mum is well again, or probably after she's had the baby, then I will go and see him. Until then, we were in a long-distance relationship. I hated being away from him, but its life I suppose; sometimes you have to sacrifice decisive things to improve the life of others - i.e my mum. I sighed inwardly.

"He's alright I suppose," I answered nonchalantly. She raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

"'Ave ya both hadda argument or su'min?" I chuckled lightly and shook my head.

"No, never. You're acting like I'm actually with him." She shrugged and used her hairband to tie back her kinky bronze hair. Oddly enough, her hair matched her skin colour, as she was mixed-race.

"Ya never know, it could happen." Tracy turned to us.

"What're you both gobbin' on abat now eh?" She said.