YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD PSYCHOPATH

Start from the beginning

After all the boxes and furniture are brought into the house, Jen invites Derek to come over to the girl's house party that evening. Derek acts hesitant but really knows he should and tells Jen that he will be over later.

Derek returns home and closes his front door. He lights up a cigarette with a sinister smile. The wheels are now in motion for his next massacre. He pulls out a small box in his desk draw. In the box is small squirrel he caught in the neighborhood. The small defenseless animal is weak and tied up with zip ties. As he tortures the squirrel, he talks out loud to himself with such jubilation. Derek is his own best friend; he doesn't need anyone.

An abrupt knock at the door startles Derek. It is very rare for anything to scare this monster. He hopes its not Jen. Quickly, he hides his tiny furry victim and grabs air freshener to get rid of the smoke smell.

When he opens the door he is relieved. A beautiful woman Derek has never seen before stands at his door and says "Hi, sorry to bother you. I live up the street and was wondering if you have any sugar I could use."

As quick as possible, Derek says "Sure!" and grabs the sugar and walks outside.

"Here you go, keep it. I have plenty."

The woman is very thankful and the two of them continue to talk. She introduces herself as Dorothy. Derek says

"I'm Ben, nice to meet you." 

Not only does he give her a fake name but a new fake occupation. Dorothy explains that she is a nurse and her husband is a surgeon at the local hospital. She tells Derek that her husband is at work now with the car and there was no sugar for her coffee.

          "Well anytime your husband isn't home and you need some sugar, I'm your guy!"  

They both laugh and smile. Dorothy invites Derek back to her house for a cup of coffee. He is not hesitant to take her up on the offer and they both walk back to Dorothy's.

Everything happens so quickly when they get back to the house. Derek lays on Dorothy's bed. He grabs a ventriloquist dummy on the side of the bed and starts moving the mouth up and down. There is a new voice in the other room.

"Hi honey, I'm home."

Derek realizes its Dorothy's husband. He quickly crawls out the window. Walking back to his house, he begins to contemplate if he should return to kill Dorothy and her husband. He looks across the street to see that Jen's house party has already started by now.

Dorothy made Derek completely forget about the party. He is worried that he might ruin his plan. The feeling of being at a crossroad is literally the visual in front of him. Instead of returning to his house, he goes right to Jen's house.

The party is very crowded. There are at least ten college students on the front lawn holding red cups filled with beer. Derek politely walks through the crowd as they all give him a smug look.

Inside it is more consumed and the unfriendly stares continue. He finally finds Jen upstairs. She is over by the beer-pong table talking to someone. She walks up Derek greeting him with a smile and a hug.

"I didn't think you would show up."

"Sorry I'm late. I had some things suddenly come up." 

The two of them continue to talk. Derek feels positive that he is right where he should be. Derek is accidently pushed over by a frat guy playfully chasing a girl around the party. Derek falls right into the beer-pong table. All the cups spill on to the floor. The ping pong balls bounce all over. Derek gets up and is very apologetic to everyone playing.