"So, I noticed you liked me back on that dating thing." He chuckled nervously.

"Yeah. I did. Why wouldn't I? I do find you cute, you know."

"I didn't know that." He chuckled.

"Well now you do." I smiled then remembered Jul willing to give Liam a chance. "Yesterday, Jul was actually willing to be your girlfriend."

"I'm not interested in her. Emery likes her and I could never go for another guys girl."

"Well to be fair, I'm kind of someone else's girl as well."

"Oh. Really?"

"Yeah. You know Gus?"

"Yeah. He's Ricky's co-star on Best Friends Whenever."

"Well I'm kinda his. We're going on our second date tomorrow night and he's so sweet."

"Oh. Well I hope he treats you right. If he doesn't, you need to tell me."

"Thanks liam. You're amazing." I smiled and hugged him. The boys got in and Emery drove the car towards the studio. Every few seconds, Ricky looked in his mirror and smiled at me. I smiled back and looked out the window as the city passed by us. Living in California was amazing but I miss my friends from New York. Liam and Emery are the only ones I'm still close to.

"Abby, we're here." Ricky chuckled. I looked at him and noticed the boys were already inside.

"How long have we been here?"

"About 5 minutes. You were really out of it." He chuckled and helped me out of the car.

"I was just thinking about my friends in new York and how they might be doing."

"If you want, we can take a trip there."

"I'd love that but let's focus on our first date Ricky." I giggled and walked into the room the boys were in.

"It's just a casual dinner at that diner you like."

"Alright. Sounds fun." I smiled and sat on the couch. Liam looked at me.

"You're going on a date with Ricky, even though you're basically with Gus?"

"I'm not with either of them and what I'm doing with Ricky tonight isn't technically a date. Were getting dinner and talking about stuff."

"We'll see after tonight." He smirked and walked into the recording booth. Their producer started playing with buttons and they began singing. What a beautiful sound.

~~~

"So you wanted to talk about something?" I smiled as Ricky and I began to eat our burgers.

"I like someone."

"Really? Who?"

"Can't really say."

"Why not?"

"It's a secret."

"You can trust me."

"Not in this situation."

"Why?" I sighed.

"Because I-"

"You know what, just forget I even asked." I sighed and finished my fries. Ricky grabbed my hand.

"I'm sorry. Just trust me please? I'll let you know when the time is right, I promise."

"Alright fine." I smiled slightly. "Somehow you always know how to make me feel better."

"It's a gift I have." He chuckled and played with my fingers. "I hope Gus treats you right. You're a great girl who deserves the world."

"Thanks Ricky." I smiled and waited for him to finish his food. When he finished, we drove home but it took us longer because he wanted to spend some more time with me before letting me be with Gus for a while.

"I had a surprisingly fun time tonight."

"Me too."

"It's like we forgot that we were best friends for a night. It felt like I got to know you all over again, with added information."

"It was nice to talk to someone."

"Yeah it was. Now it's time to stop this date so Gus doesn't get upset when he finds out."

"Alright. So I guess this is goodnight then."

"Yeah. Goodnight Abby."

"Night Ricky." I yawned and quickly changed into my comfortable clothes. Thinking about the past few days quickly tired me out.