Tiger and Dragon

The entire time I was writing this chapter, I cant help but think of Toradora.

I'm also laughing at the slight parallels.

+++

"Hey, did you hear?"

"Aika-chan! You scared me!"

"Sorry about that but did you hear?"

"Hear what?"

"The delinquent!"

"You mean the scary one that sits near the window?"

"Not too loud but yeah, that one! I heard he got into a fight the other day in the bathroom with some of the boys from the other class."

The two girls conversing near his table continued to talk, bringing up rumors or news they heard from the others and shared said mentioned information with their friends that had join into their conversation.

Not far to the right, a group of boys huddled together into a measly circle, their supposed private discussion is easily overheard by others considering he could hear them talk. They weren't exactly being discreet with it either.

"Oh shit man. Is that the reason why Jiro got three months detention and a week of suspension?"

"Damn. I wouldn't be on the wrong side of Igarashi Ryuu."

Kuroko kept his gaze down, focused on his mobile phone he had placed into the drawer of his table as he patiently waited for a certain message. He tapped a finger over the page of his pocket sized novel, currently in no mood to read the words present before him. His attention is on one thing.

Using one free hand, he tapped on a button on his phone and went into his messages.

'Rumors going abt. Worried?'

He sighed as he reread the message he sent just moments go. Kuroko wondered if he had been too direct with his delivery in his message considering that he might had annoyed or ticked Ryuu off seeing as the time interval since he last sent that message began to grow longer and the black haired teen decided to not answer back in retaliation.

He checked again.

No reply.

Another sigh left his lips before he allow his hand to drop onto his lap. Just as he was about to indulge himself into his book, his phone went off with a soft 'ping'.

'tbh I could careless of rumors spread abt. I expect that shit anyway when I enrolled. Eventually it would die down.'

Kuroko tapped on a button and cast a look at the clock on his phone before typing down his reply.

'Are you going to schl?' he typed down.

He is curious to know if the black haired teen would face his peers after the disastrous incident that had gotten his hand badly cut or would take a day off from school to heal since after all, his wounds were not something to laugh at.

A reply came quick.

'Duh. Now off the phone. I'm at the gates right now. I won't reply the next txt you send me after this.'

Another message.

'I'm serious.'

The corners of his lips twitched upwards as the teen stash away his phone, placing it on silent as a cautionary measure before he returned back to his reading.

It was much easier to focus on the words now.

The commotion around him dulled into a hum at the back of his mind as he concentrated on his book. Images and imaginary scenes conjuring up in his head as he continued to read word by words, Kuroko is engrossed in his reading to pay any mind to his surroundings. It was only when a bandaged finger tipped his book backwards, it snapped him out of his stupor and his concentration wavered. He trailed his gaze up the finger and followed the hand that belonged to a certain person.