Upon the Black Pearl

"Pirate." Xale whispered to herself while rowing her boat, approaching the Black Pearl. "Jack Sparrow, you shall be my stepping stone." She smirked.
"HEY! THERE'S SOMEONE HERE! HELP ME!" She yelled, closing up on the Pearl, trying to grasp the crew's attention.
"Captain, there's a person down there." Reported Gibbs. "Do we help or not?"
"No, just leave them there, it'll only become a nuisance to us."
"But Jack, it's a young lass and she seems desperate of help."
"Wait, wait what?"
"She seems desperate of help." Gibbs repeated
"No, you said a young lass?" Jack grinned. "Let her onto the ship." He walked away from the helm to the main deck. Upon seeing the lass being pulled up to the deck, Jack walked towards her and inquired, "What is a beautiful young lady like you doing floating around, by yourself?"
Some crew members gathered around them.
Looking down at the floor, Xale took a deep breath and gathered some tears in her eyes, then looked up and explained, "Our ship crashed, badly,and I was the only one that managed to get onto the lifeboat."
"Ahhh, how unfortunate, so you were sailing with-"
"My father, h-he's a merchant, we were sailing t-towards Singapore to trade." She sobbed.
"Well, Miss-"
"Vetitum, Xale Vetitum."
"Unique name... Well, Miss.Vetitum, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow, and you may stay in my quarters until we find you somewhere else to stay. Savvy?" Jack smiled.
"Somewhere else...?" She questioned.
"Love, you do realize that this is a pirate ship, right?"
Xale hesitantly nodded.
"You're not scared?"
She shrugged.
"So unless you want to join to crew and do some pirate-y stuff with us such as pillaging and killing, you will need to find somewhere else to stay."
Xale looked at him like she was considering something,
Jack took a step back while pointing his index fingers up and looked at her unbelievably. "...Don't tell me that you plan on joining..." All crew members stopped what they were doing and looked at Xale expectantly, some grinning and some shaking their heads.
"Actually... yes, I do want to join the crew."
Jack took in a breath and was about to say something but stopped. "Well then, ever held a sword before?" He took out his sword from the scabbard and held it in front of her. Xale slowly took the sword and pointed it at Jack's neck, "Like that?" She asked.
Jack backed up further more and said "Yes, exactly like that. You may join the crew," he grinned, "however, I must warn you that this could be a very bad idea..."
Xale shrugged.
Gibbs leaned up against Jack and whispered, "Jack, what is she gonna do on the ship? And it's bad luck to have a women on here." Jack looked at him and said, "Haven't figured it out yet, but, it's far worse not to have one on board." Gibbs nodded.
"WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? GET BACK TO WORK!" Jack yelled at the crew and they hurriedly continued what they were doing before. He lead Xale into his cabin and explained to her all the pirate rules and such and told her that she will be the cook on the ship since no one was in charge of food yet, after he learned that she can cook, of course. "You can fish?" He asked. "Yes, I used to fish and cook on our ship."

On the other hand, Xale was walking around the cabin and observing the surroundings, she hid a dagger under the table when Jack wasn't looking and continued walking. When he was done explaining, he handed her a fishing rod but then changed his mind, "Actually, you might want to use the net." Xale nodded. "Now get to work!" He shooed.
Xale walked out of the cabin but quickly came back in. "Do you...have any pants I can wear?" She looked embarrassed. It was only then that Jack realized she was wearing a dress that would be very inconvenient whilst working. He went into a drawer behind him and looked for some clothes, later taking out some and handing it to Xale. "Here. You can change in here." He said while walking out.
When Xale was done changing, she opened the door of the cabin and saw Jack waiting outside. "Thank you." She smiled.
Jack nodded and looked at her outfit which made Xale look more valiant than before as Xale walked towards the nets to prepare for fishing. Gibbs walked towards him and whispered once again, "Jack, you trust her?"
He shook his head. They both walked into the cabin and Jack took out the dagger from under the table, showing it to Gibbs. "She did that?" Gibbs asked. Jack nodded while looking at the dagger, "Women," he said. "they're harder to predict than the weather and sea."
"Tell them not to eat the food."

[A/N]- I haven't the slightest idea of where I'm going with this story yet so if you can be ever so kind to just bear with me until I think of something and procrastinate while crying on my bed about the next update, it will be much appreciated. Thank you. *wink*