The Beginning

The second I laid my eyes on him, I knew he was the one. He was black, lean and his muscles were to drool over, his adorable smile, and his eyes were so dark only the few could see the softness of his soul beneath. I saw the possible love he may possess. JROTC was our beginning, a program that encourages students to develop leadership qualities and for the shy to come out of their shells. I for one, was extremely shy and it didn't do me any good. It was devastating to lock eyes with my new crush, but knew we were never meant to be.
   October of 2013 our school had our annual homecoming parade; being the command sergeant major of the battalion, it let him be more lenient around younger cadets. That event was the first time he had spoken to me directly. Since then he had never left my mind.
   Counting down the weeks until I can see him again, battalion picnic was around the corner and I was hoping he would show. Always seeing him in uniform, I was trying to picture him in civilian clothes. I wonder if he would look just as cute? Before I thought he couldn't get any more attractive; after seeing this boy at the picnic, was I wrong. My mind was set.
   A few weeks goes by and the next event I saw him at the 2013 Plano city Christmas Parade. You know what that means? Waking up at seven am and being at school extra early! That's not the only thing that happens in December, *wink* dress uniforms for all! Any normal person looked like an outdated army soldier, or what my friends and I joked, a pickle but not Lamar; he was too sexy to ever look unprofessional in uniform. His senior year in high school was not the highlight of his puberty years but he did not look bad. These uniforms were designed to hide breasts, either no-no squares and booties, but that did not stop Mr. Hendricks' booty. Let's not even start on his commanding voice! A commander MUST HAVE a strong, clear voice, he had that without a problem. He had that perfect body, the perfect voice, now the most important one of them all is what is truly in his heart.
   Military ball of my junior year, I had survived an entire school year without talking to him at all. I was dating someone else at the time. 9p rolls around, the party has finally begun. The dj was drunk as fuck and we were having a blast! I go over to Lamar and give him a hug and casually says that I've missed him. Little did he know I was trying to get out of my relationship, it was getting to the end of its time anyways.