Chapter 2 - Sweaters and Kittens

**Felix's POV**

"As you all may know, there are some exchange students in our school this year." My teacher announced as I waited nervously outside the door to first period. I flipped my hair, and tapped my foot. "In our writing class, I'd like to welcome an exchange student from Sweden. This is Felix." He said, pointing towards me. I walked in slowly, trying not to look like an idiot.

Everyone groaned, and I felt my cheeks heat up. Normal, I suppose. Nobody liked me at my old school either.

"H-hi." I stuttered, forgetting I was just standing in the front of the room staring at people.

A small gasp escaped from someone in the corner of the room, and I looked. A girl in a polka dot dress was staring at me, her mouth wide open. I half-smiled at her, and another girl started talking to her.

"There's a seat right there, Felix." Mr. Hallows said, pointing to a desk in front of the polka dot girl. I sighed, not really wanting to be stared at the whole class.

I walked over to the desk and half-waved at the girl, she smiled this time. "Ick." The girl next to her said, and another giggled. I sat down and ignored them.

The whole class people stared at me and whispered to one another. I immediately hated the decision I made back in Sweden.

A whole forty five minutes of listening to our boring teacher talking finally passed, and I rushed out of the room as fast I could, just wanting to get away.

Once I got to my locker, I opened it and quickly shoved everything in, and then headed out the front doors. It was study hall, so I decided to have it outside.

I found a nice tree just outside of the front doors to the school and sat underneath of it, pulling out a honey crisp apple my mom had packed me.

"So what did you think of that Swedish guy?" I heard someone whispering from behind me, and I turned around to see two familiar girls from my class talking to each other. One was wearing a kitten shirt and the other wearing a striped sweater.

"Disgusting. I saw Marzia gawking at him though, big no no choice for her. If she decided to be friendly to this guy, it'll ruin her." Kitten answered. I'm guessing Marzia was the one in polka dots, seemings she was the only one not whispering about me and giving me looks.

"I know. Maybe that's for the best though. She's been top dog for far too long." Sweater said, and the other girl rolled her eyes. I grimaced, knowing they were against the only girl who didn't seem to judge me.

"Of course it's for the best you dummy, do you know how great it would be if we were queen bees here?" and I couldn't take just sitting there unknown, not speaking up for myself.

"Excuse me, ladies," I stood up, brushing the grass of my pants, and they gasped. "But I don't think gossiping about Marzia or me is going to help you any. All it is is drama." I said, feeling proud I actually said something. Maybe in this school I could be someone different.

"Beat it, loser. We do what we want. If you don't like our gossiping, don't listen in on it. Simple." Sweater sneered, glaring at me. Kitten gave her five and they flounced away, laughing together. I sighed, and started walking the opposite way, towards the cafeteria.

"Oh god." I half whispered as I entered the cafeteria. It was only 10:30, but they served lunch from 10:00 to 1:00, already the place was packed. I half-jogged over to the buffet line.

"Hello darling, what would you like today? We have pizza, sandwiches, you name it." A middle aged looking woman with a hair net asked from behind the counter. I sighed, happy that finally someone was being nice.