Short Story #1

A/N: This is going to be a Harry Potter fanfiction.

Terryn Stephens was by no means an extraordinary girl. She enjoyed thinking she was, however. She enjoyed pretending like a posh actress and a DJ. She enjoyed pretending like the characters from her books, enjoyed acting like a professor of the things she learned in textbooks. That's why, when one day, she got an interesting letter to teach her about witchcraft and wizardry, she jumped for the opportunity.

So, when September came along and Terryn was rumbling along the driveway with her bag, her smile wouldn't drop off of her face. Come to think of it, that smile had been plastered there the entire month since she got her letter.

"Terry!" her mum called over to her. "You forgot this!" she waved Terryn's owl next to her.

Terryn's mum had been very accepting of her being a witch. Her dad... Not so much. He hated having a witch ruining his line of "humans" so much that he refused to take her to the station. That is, until her mum made him. That didn't stop him from grumbling the way to the car.

Her mum had now walked over to stand beside her on the driveway. As she handed her tawny owl Heather over, she whispered "Don't mind him. He's just worried. He'll get over it soon. I'll make sure of it."

Terryn nodded, her smile never leaving her face. "Well, bye mum! See you at Christmas!"

Her dad slammed his car door and they were off to King's Cross Station. When they reached, her dad pulled her aside and said, "As much as I hate this, be careful. Witch or not, you're still my daughter." He turned and walked away.

Terryn's smile got even wider as she ran over to station 9. Well. There's a station 9 and a station 10. No station 9 and 3/4. Just a barrier. But, if I thought this through properly, and there really is a wizarding school... She put her hand on the brick wall and pushed lightly. Her hand went right through! She squealed quietly in joy.

She took a deep breath, stepped back, and ran at the brick wall, closing her eyes as she did. When she opened them, she was standing in front of a beautiful scarlet train, with tons of bustling students and parents alike. Taking her bags and owl, she ran at the train, stopping right in front of it.

She jumped aboard and pulled up her light bag quickly, then stepped back off to pick up Heather.

Terryn walked past the compartments until she found one that was empty. The last one that was empty, she thought.

She walked in and sat down. As she raised her eyes, she squeaked - there was a boy staring back at her. His brown eyes were slightly covered by his matching brown hair and his mouth was twisted up into a smile in reaction to her squeak.

"I'm guessing you thought nobody was in this compartment?" the boy said.

"Y-yeah," Terryn clutched her heaving chest, taking a few deep breaths.

The boy barked out a laugh. "I'm Kellin Louvre, but you can call me Kelly. All my friends do."

"Oh, so we're friends now?" Terryn was slightly calmer now, meaning she was slightly more sassy.

"Well, yes. Unless you'd like us to be arch enemies," Kelly said, quirking an eyebrow.

"So there's no in between. It's either friends or enemies with you?"

"Yes, pretty much."

Terryn shook her head. "Well. I'm Terryn Stephens."

"And I'm Moana Gordon!"

Terryn jumped in surprise, while Kelly just buried his face in his hands.

"Gordon, I swear to god."