Rejected

• Dedicated to Maham Noor

Hey everyone, this is my first werewolf story, let me know if you like it and want me to continue, now enjoy. =D

***

As I stood there, I wouldn't say I was shocked because I had seen it coming.

But that didn't mean this was any easier.

I didn't want him to get hurt but I couldn't let him live with false hope. So I said, as softly as I could, "Max, I care about you, you're my best friend, this won't feel right to either one of us. There is someone out there for you and you will find her and she will make you happy. But I'm just not that girl. And it won't be fair to you."

"I don't mind." he mumbled.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "I just.."

"I understand."

"Do you?" I said a little cynically.

"Yeah, I mean, you said no to everyone else why did I assume this would be any different?"

He looked so hurt, even though he was a great guy, who I know, without a doubt, would take great care of me, still I can't help but feel like I can't be truly happy with him.

Because I know that no matter how it would be like between us, it would never be anything like it is between real mates, at least, according to what I've heard.

So even if it took me ages to find my mate, I will wait for him. Because its going to be worth it.

Taking my silence as agreement he said "I'm so stupid. I'm sorry. Let's just pretend this never happened."

I took a deep breathe. "Sure! I would be happy too."

I took a step forward and hugged him but the minute he hesitated and we awkwardly hugged I knew nothing between us would ever be the way it used to.

Times like this I think maybe I've got it all wrong. Maybe I'm the one that gives wrong signals to every guy friend I know. Otherwise why would my best friends always end up falling for me? It wasn't easy opening up to every one of them.

I walked away with a heavy heart as I knew that once again I had lost my best friend. Sure we would hang out, talk to each other, but things would get awkward.

Don't get me wrong, I'm great with awkward, it's just the guys. They just don't get over it. Maybe it's easy for me because I never looked at them in any other way other than my best friends.

I walked through the corridors towards my girlfriend Stacy who was sitting with a bunch of other girls.

She was my best friend; the only one I trusted with my secrets. Sure I was friends with more than half the school since I wouldn't exactly call myself a mean bitch and the fact that I was the pack Beta's daughter but Stacy was just Stacy.

"Oh no, what's wrong? Why the face?" she knew me so well.

"Want to grab some lunch?" she got up from the table she was at, excusing herself as we walked towards the long line of students waiting for their lunch.

"So what's up? Max asked you out?"

I looked at her, actually more like glared at her and said "Does all this happen so often that it's THAT predictable?"

"Yup!" She said with a popping p.

I groaned. "What is wrong with me?"

"Nothing! You're just the kind of girl that's hard not to fall for. So chill and enjoy life and the boys that come in it. You're just special."