one

To say that I was sour about being here was an understatement at the least. After 'rescuing' me from hydra, shield took me in. Of course after my long time friend Sam Wilson heard about my situation he somehow cleared me to come live at the tower. Something about how it was 'safer here' and 'I would be happier'. But I'm pretty sure it was because if I were here, he could keep an eye on me. Nevertheless, I was absolutely miserable and I made sure to let anyone who bothered to come into my room know it. Especially Sam.
"I brought you lunch." Sam said pushing the foam tray into the slot in door.
"Oh gee thanks, how kind of you." I said, sarcasm dripping off my every word.
When I didn't make a move to get up and eat he sighed heavily.
"You haven't eaten in the 2 days you've been here, please eat something." Sam pleaded.
"I'm not going to eat until you get me out of this psycho box." I told him.
"We've just got to prove you're not psycho first." Sam said with a smile.
"But I'm not crazy Sam! I never was!" I told him as I moved to the end of my bed.
"Nobody escapes hydra sane Kelsey, you need to understand that it's okay to be a little less okay than you would normally admit." He told me before standing.
"I'm fine." I said.
"Then eat, the psych consult will be here tomorrow." He called as he walked out.
I huffed and flopped against the bed.

Sam's Pov:
Upon returning to the main floor I was met with the face of the winter soldier. I shared a warning glance between Steve and the soldier himself. The last time I'd seen this man was when he tried to kill us.
"Steve..." I said, not taking my eyes off of the assassin. Steve walked over.
"Look I know what you're thinking but I promise he's better now." Steve said obviously worried about my reaction.
"Unfortunately I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that." I told him. Steve shook his head and opened his mouth to defend the soldier but I cut him off.
"We have a girl downstairs that hasn't hurt anyone but a few hydra agents and she's locked in a containment cell. Yet you're letting a broken minded assassin roam the tower freely? I'm sorry but I can't support that." I told him.
Steve looked from me to the soldier.
"He's my friend." He told me.
"And Kelsey's mine, but unfortunately I have to set aside that fact and put everyone's safety including hers before it." I told him.
He took a deep breath and when he didn't say anything I took advantage of the silence.
"The psych consult is coming tomorrow to evaluate Kelsey, I'm sure he'd be willing to evaluate him too. But until then he needs to be placed in a containment cell." I told him.
"Sam he's not an animal, we can't just lock him up." Steve argued.
"No, he's not an animal, but he was a part of hydra for a lot longer than Kelsey was. He needs to be evaluated to make sure the assassin in him is gone for good." I told him.
Steve sighed defeatedly, he knew I was right.

Kelsey's Pov:
Seeing that mess of brown hair again did nothing to help me push past my memories of hydra. I watched silently through my observation window as they placed the winter soldier into the cell across from mine. The last time I saw him he was cold, emotionless, and fearless. But now he looked smaller, like those dogs on that commercial with the lady asking for money and the 'in the arms of an angel' song playing in the background.
I felt my stomach growl for the hundredth time as I stared at the food still on table beside the door. With a heavy sigh I trudged to the tray and picked off some of the grapes. The soldiers eyes followed my every move.
"Remember me?" I asked without making eye contact. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him stiffen. I looked up at him as I popped a grape in my mouth. His heavy eyes avoided mine. I shrugged and laid back on my bed.
"I didn't think so." I said before rolling over.