Part 1

Tap, tap, tap. I quickly sit up in my bed. Tap, tap, tap. Panicked, I open the curtain just enough to see outside. Josh? I check the time, 3 o'clock A.M. I push aside the tan-colored curtain and open my window. "What are you doing in Washington? Don't you have a show in Boston tomorrow?" I ask. Josh chuckles. "Wow, you are a big fan. You keep track of our shows. Yes, we have to preform in Boston, but Ecosmith can't be our opening act for the rest of the tour." "So why are you here? Shouldn't you be looking for a replacement?" "That's the thing," he starts, "we need a replacement. I saw all of your covers on your Instagram account, and we were wondering if maybe you'd like to fill in for them." Woah. Joshua William Dun, the drummer of Twenty One Pilots wants me to be the opening show of their concerts? Every night?! "Well, I mean, of course!!" "Okay, hurry, pack some stuff." I run to my closet and pull out my black backpack and my graphite colored duffel bag. Quickly, I shove all of my shirts and other articles of clothing inside.

Within fifteen minutes, I have all of my items packed and ready. I write a note for my parents, knowing they'd be worried when they wake up. "Okay, ready." I say. "Perfect," Josh replies, "let me get that for you." he says, taking my bags. "Oh, thanks." I say. We walk down my long driveway towards the tour bus. "Ladies first!" Josh says, smiling. I laugh and walk up the steps. There Tyler is. The Tyler Joseph. "Oh my God! Hi, I'm (YN)!" "Hi, (YN). We were watching your covers. You're truly talented." "Thank you so much. That means a lot coming from you." Tyler chuckles. I finally come to the realization that I'm going on tour...with my favorite band...what?! I've written so many songs and dreamt about this for nearly three years. I guess I must have been making a face, because Josh asks if I'm doing alright. I'm so excited.

- Later That Morning -

Three hours into the drive, I realize I fell asleep. I look out the window to see the sun. Josh comes behind me. "Mind if I join?" he asks. I shake my head, and motion to the spot next to me. "I really have to thank you, (YN). Ty and I were really freaking out over this whole opening show issue." "Anything for my two most favorite people...ever." I laugh, "I'm so sorry, I'm very, very awkward." Josh gives a little smile. "It's okay." he says. Tyler walks up to both of us. "Sorry to interrupt, but you guys should go get ready. We're gonna go eat breakfast in a few minutes." "Alright," says Josh. He starts to walk off, but he turns his head and winks at me. Oh. My. God.

We walk into a small restaurant. It's only 6:42 A.M. and the whole diner is filled. It looks like we'll have to split up to different tables. I try to score a spot next to Tyler, but he sits with Michael. The only seat left is a two-seater table outside on the porch. Josh and I take a seat there. We talk about my senior year of high school, and my music. I notice a small dimple on Josh's left cheek. Ugh, he's so adorable. There's a pause in our talking. I smile to myself. "I really love your smile, (YN)." he says, looking into my eyes. "Thanks," I smile wider. We maintain eye contact. I notice him leaning forward. Oh. Oh, gosh. It he trying to k-- a fire alarm goes off. DAMN IT!! I'm turning eighteen next month. I'm not too young for him...right?

- To Be Continued -