Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Scott carried my stuff to my locker and stood there while I grabbed my lunchbox and put a few things away.  It was at this point that I turned around to face him, with Bridgette standing beside me.

“Alright,” I said, “I really am grateful for the help, but I don’t know what my parents will think if I walk all the way home and you’re still carrying my belongings and work.”  I held out my arms fully expecting him to finally give me my stuff.

Instead he just smiled and said, “Awe common, do you honestly want to carry all of this stuff back to wherever it is that you live? And anyway, I’m not even carrying everything.”

“That’s not the point,” I responded, “the point is…”

“Answer my question first and then I’ll hear ‘the point.’ he said with a bit of a smirk.

“She doesn’t have to do anything you say!” Bridgette snapped, ”In fact…”

“It’s OK Bridge,” I said trying to soothe her.

“No it’s not! This is like the bullying stuff the teachers are always talking about or whatever.  He has no right to…”

“It’s Fine Bridge,” I said with a bit more force.

Then I turned to Scott and said,  “Honestly, I don’t want to carry all of that,” gesturing to what Scott held I continued, “But I still think that my parents won’t like me showing up with my best friend and a strange boy they have never met before, mostly the strange boy part.”

“Point for you on that, but what if I didn’t carry this to your house?  How about till we’re a little less than a block away?  Then you’ll be able to warn your parents about me before you bag splits again.” Scott said with a bit of a devilish smile on his face.

“OK,” I said, deciding to just go with it, “But when I tell you to give me my stuff, you better do it and leave.

“Fair enough.” Scott responded confidently.