"I am. What's the occasion," she asked taking off her jacket.

"Aint no occasion, I just felt like cooking taking her jacket from her so I could hang it up.

-

An hour later everybody was stuffed.

"I can't eat anymore. I feel like I'm about to burst," Kash held her stomach.

"You like like it to," I stared at her stomach and she looked down and frowned before tossing a napkin my way. I caught it and tossed it back at her and it hit her on the side of her head and I laughed.

I chuckled while she frowned, "You see that kaliyah, daddy is so mean to mommy."

Kaliyah looked at me with her eyes narrowed, "Say sorry daddy."

"She threw it at-okay I'm sorry."

Kash smiled at me, "Apology accepted."

I shook my head but couldn't hold back my smile. We hung out together as a family but it was nothing like this, this just felt right. Like this was how shit was supposed to be.

"Can we play go fish," Kaliyah asked looking between me and Kash.

"Sure," Kash nodded.

"I'm bout to whoop both of ya'll, let's go."

=====

After an hour of go fish Kaliyah was nodding off. Kash didn't want to bother taking her home so she was going to stay another night and I was going to drop her off tomorrow. After she was tucked in bed me Kash helped me clean up the kitchen and put the food away and when we were done we sat on the couch watching Game of Thrones, a show she got me interested in a few years ago.

When it went off and the credits started rolling she was planning to head home but I wasn't ready for her to leave yet.

"Stay the night."

She looked at me like I lost my mind.

"What?"

"I said you should stay the night."

She looked me in my eyes probably to see if I was serious and I just smiled.

"I'm serious. You can have my bed and I'll sleep on the couch. It's late and I don't want you out this late at night by yourself."

I thought I was going to have to say a lot more than that to convince her but apparently not.

"No funny business?"

"I promise."

She looked like she was debating and nodded, "Okay."

I was glad that we would be spending some alone time together. I missed her, still loved her and as of late we been hanging out and it honestly felt like old times.

"Why do you look so mischievous," she gave me a look.

"Who?"

"You," she smiled.

"I'm straight," my phone was going off so I pulled it out only to see a number that wasn't saved in my phone anymore but I knew who it was, Deja. I haven't messed with her in months and instead of forgetting about me and moving on she been calling me back to back.

"Who is it," Kash asked me and I just looked at her not sure if I should tell her because I didn't want to ruin the mood.

"Is it your Chihuahua," she asked.