Chapter 8. Sweet Dreams?

Start from the beginning

She sat up and placed her her hands on her face, wiping her tears as well. "I- uh. I'm sorry I woke you. It's a stupid nightmare I get. Don't worry."

A stupid nightmare she gets? As in she gets it often?

"Do you get it often?" I asked sitting up as well.

She shrugged "Sometimes."

"What is the nightmare about?"

She looked at her phone "Nate it's 1am. Let's go back to sleep. It had to do with the tattoo."

Alright, I just have to wait until Friday. It's not the time to pressure her into telling me.

I laid back down and opened my arms "Alright. Now get in here"

She looked at me "Are you sure?"

"Someone has to scare those nightmares away" I said winking at her "Come here Em."

She laid back down and came closer to me. I instantly wrapped my arms around her.

"Thank you" she murmured.
I waited for her to sound asleep and eventually fell back asleep too.

Emma's POV

Nate and I walked in the diner the next morning.
I was glad that this morning things weren't awkward between us.
I don't like coming off as vulnerable, it just makes me feel weak and pathetic and obviously I don't like crying in front of people.

I don't even know why I got that nightmare. I haven't gotten it in a while. But I'm glad Nate was there to calm me down. Sometimes I get bad panic attacks after the nightmares but I'm glad yesterday I didn't get one. That would be even more embarrasing.

"I'll go change and I'll be back with your breakfast" I said to Nate "Coffee and eggs?" I asked and he nodded taking a seat on one of the stools by the bar.

I greated Gloria walking in the kitchen and found Stefan doing dishes.

"Morning" He said flashing me a smile

"Morning Stef" I said "Where's Christina?"

"Out running errands." he said wiping his hands

"Oh okay"

I gave Nate's order to Gloria and went to change my shirt.

A few minutes later Nate's eggs were ready. Of course I didn't let him pay anything. He told me he was joking last night when he told me I would buy him breakfast but I told him it was a thank you for last night.
After he finished his coffee and his food he called my name saying he had to go.

~~

Charlotte came in later in the day around 2 pm.

The diner wasn't full but there were still people coming and going.

I was walking in the kitchen while she was walking out of it carrying two plates.

"Okay" I said rolling my eyes "What's wrong with the guy up front? He's been here for two hours and he's ordered a burger, fries, a coke, and now apple pie and coffee. I know guys have a huge appetite but that's odd." I whispered.

She chuckled and looked over at the guy at the bar for a quick second. She leaned in and whispered "Judging by the fact that he keeps stealing glances at you, I say he's just looking for excuses to talk to you."
And just like that she walked away chuckling, going on with her work.

It couldn't be that right? I mean the guy was hot. Tall, blonde and blue-green eyes, why would he waste his time on me?

Charlotte's just fucking with me.