Chapter 1

I look into those sparkling blue eyes that I love and know that I will wake up every morning looking into them. I can spend the rest of my life looking into those beautiful eyes. This moment is perfect and I wish I could freeze it forever and just live in it. I am about to marry Peeta Mellark, the boy with the bread. This time it is for us and not the Capitol. "I do", I hear Peeta say. "I do", I say immediately after him and I realize that from now on my name will be Katniss Mellark.

Peeta leans towards me and I lean towards him and we have probably the best kiss of my life. The amount of times that we've kissed, in the arena's and in District 12. I wrap my arms around his neck, which makes me feel safer, even though I'm safer now than I ever have been. He is my rock and I feel safest with him.

***

After the wedding we have a small group of our friends and what's remaining of our family gather at our now shared house, in the victors village. When we are at our house we do the toasting. Until this happens I didn't really feel married.

After a while our friends and family leave us to ourselves. Soon, Peeta and I sit side by side on the couch, my head resting on his shoulder. After a while I curl up next to him and lay my head on his chest, where I can hear his steady heartbeat. He starts stroking my hair and after a while I fall asleep. After a little while I wake up and move slightly and he starts stroking my hair again trying to let me get back to sleep. I move into a sitting position, my head still on him. "I love you Katniss", Peeta whispers into my ear. "I love you, too Peeta", I reply, in a whisper. I look up at him when I say it and I see him smile slightly. I pull his head down towards me and I kiss him passionately for what seems like forever. After a while he pulls away and whispers in my ear "Come on", he says as he grabs my hand and pulls me towards our bedroom.

Like it? Please vote and comment!