14: The Christmas Ball

Start from the beginning

"You look amazing." He says,"as always."

I blush at the comment and turn my head to the side I little.

"Would you like to dance?" He asks scratching the back of his neck.

"Sure." I say awkwardly.

We walk towards the crowded floor where everyone's dancing. I place my hands on his shoulders and he places his hands around my waist, people gape at us as we dance past them.

A Slytherin ex-Death Eater and a Gryffindor DA. I can see why that might be a bit surprising.

We dance for a while, sitting in a n uncomfortable silence until I say "My feet are killing me, wanna sit down?"

I walk towards a table and sit down pulling the shoe off my left foot that was surely going to blister. I refused to wear heels, so I was wearing flats. Flats were just as uncomfortable though, they rubbed against the side of my feet and slid off the back of my foot constantly.

"So are you going to visit your parents on Holiday?" Draco asks.

I freeze, my parents don't even know who I am, much less that I'm a wizard. I don't say anything for a moment, slipping under shoe back on and staring at my twiddling thumbs.

Draco gives me a curious look, "Are your parents mad at you or something?" He asks, not knowing what actually happened.

I give in and decide to tell him. "My parents don't know I exist. Before going off, searching for horcrux's last year, I obliviated myself from their memory to ensure them safety from Voldemort and so that if I didn't come back... They wouldn't miss me." I look away, tears clouded my vision.

Draco gives a look, "We should go, it's really crowded in here." He says grabbing my hand and pulling me along with him.

He directs me around the castle until we end up in the Astronomy tower, "This is better." I say.

After the war, I haven't done good in crowds, typically they make me very nervous. As if a death eater is just going to pop up out of nowhere.

"Would you like to dance?" Draco asks with a smirk.

I grin, "I suppose..." I say with a bored tone.

I was faking it, I loved dancing with Draco, but these shoes were killing me.

"Wait a second." I say pulling at the heel of my shoes. I take both shoes off and return to Draco, he gives and smile and wraps his arms around my waist and I wrap my own arms around his neck.

"You really do look amazing." He whispers.

I blush, looking down. He couldn't have feelings for me... He wouldn't. I betrayed him by telling him I didn't love him anymore.

We dance around the room, spinning and laughing. Forgetting about everything else, as if tripping and falling was our only worry in the world.

><><

DRACO

A few nights later, I stood in the boys prefect bathroom fixing the tie around my neck. Potter and Weasley stood nearby, Weasley glaring at me and Potter saying nothing.

I was wearing my dress robes and plain black shoes. I took my time tying my dark green tie. I was honestly nervous.

Hermione and I weren't going as a couple, we weren't one. She didn't like me like that anymore... I clear my head and turn to the mirror to make sure I didn't forget anything.