| prologue |

Justice - Prologue.

"Goodbye, Annie!" I called out to my best friend as she closed the store. I had to get to my house before ten, and seeing as I had to walk it, I should have left thirty minutes ago. I glanced at my clock to find that I only have thirty minutes to walk. 

I didn't wait for Annie's response, as she was too busy trying to find the right key for the lock. I chuckled as I walked away from her, her silhouette disappearing in the dark, when I fixated my eyes at her again. My feet were heavy, tiredness overcoming me. 

From afar, I can hear guys roaring with laughter. Drunkards, I suppose. I kept walking, unfazed of them who can hurt me. In the moment, my biggest worries were if I can get to my brother's surprise midnight birthday bash. 

"Oh look, a lady," a man slurred, dragging his words as if I didn't know I was, indeed, a lady.

"Young girl, why don't you," another man began. He stood up from where he sat, and dizzily made his way to me, "come here and talk with us." 

"Hands off me," I protested. 

"She's a feisty one, Ron," A different guy declared. "You better shut her mouth."

All five boys laughed, two of them trying to get me to sit with them, the other three watching with curiosity. 

"Let go of me!" I shrieked, unable to get their grasp to loosen up. In fact, the more I tried, the more 'Ron' tighten his grip, almost stopping the circulation of my blood on my wrist. 

As I tried to fight harder, I saw a guy coming towards us. Though he was walking real slow, I decided to give it a shot, maybe he could save me. "Help me, please!"

Soon enough, the boy began running towards my direction. I almost let out a sigh of relief, but held it in. I tried to kick and punch, but the man's grip on me was too tight, and it was making me dizzy. He tried to make me sit on his lap, caressing my thigh in the most repellent way. All in a minute, the boy got to where I was.

With a sweet motion, he pulled me off the man's lap. Resulting in him getting angrier, getting uglier. 

The next thing I know, the boy who saved me fought all five men, but already, I can tell he was no match. This boy was quite buff, but he was against five who were drunk.

Swiftly, the same man who put me on his lap pulled a knife from his pocket. With a sway of his wrist, the knife opened, revealing a very sharp end. My eyes widened in fear, as I try to pull the boy away, but he wouldn't flinch. He stayed in his position, getting ready to fight.

"What are you doing! You're going to get yourself killed, run!" I almost regretted shouting out loud as the man made he's way towards me, while two men held the boy in place. The boy was far too quick for the drunken men.

As a matter of fact, he was too quick to the point where when I was about to be stabbed by a silver sharp object, he had managed to swiftly get himself in front of me, taking the stab that was originally meant for me.