A Child Changes Everything. [The Tunnel]

Start from the beginning

Harry ducked as a spell shot toward him, picking up the wand at his feet. He and Draco both rattled off spells in all directions. You covered your head as the green and red spells hit the walls around you, breaking off stone pieces and spraying dust every which way. You saw the farthest guard point his wand directly to Harry just as his back was turned, his focus turned to a particular large and nasty looking man that was using the wall by the staircase as a shield. You shot forward, and again time slowed as the spell left the man’s wand, green light made to kill coming toward him. In that moment, you could only do one thing, and you didn’t even think as you threw yourself in between Harry and the spell. You closed your eyes, your arms clasping around him tightly, and you were glad you could not see the spell coming. You kept your eyes closed, preparing yourself, your breath held in your lungs. But it didn’t come.

“Kris…” Harry whispered, you peeked through your eyelids and saw what both he and Draco were staring at, mouths agape in astonishment. The room was lit blue, and the shield, Kelly’s shield, was around you. You looked around for her hastily. 

“It’s you.” Draco said, staring at you. You looked down at yourself. It was you. The light started at your chest, bright, almost too bright to look at. Then it shone outward, enveloping you, Harry, and Draco.

A slow clap echoed throughout the quiet dungeon. Draco and Harry both lifted their wands as Thomas Ellington stepped out from the staircase to join everyone in the room. He looked amused, taking in the scene and his fallen guards. Charlie stood, frozen in fear at the sight of him. He reached into his front suit jacket pocket. You saw Harry’s fingers tighten around his wand and held out a hand to his shoulder, signaling him to stop. 

“Well, isn’t this interesting.” Thomas said, examining his wand in his hands, not even looking at the three prisoners, still protected by the mysterious blue shield.

“I-I am sorry, Thomas. I tried! These… These fools—“ Charlie failed to find the words to explain. 

“I’m sorry, too. I’m very sorry, Charlie.” He said. Her eyes widened, and before she had enough breath to speak he raised his wand at her.

“AVADA KEDAVRA!” 

Her scream was cut short, her body tensing as the spell hit her and then crumbling to the floor. The three guards that remained stood fearfully, unsure if they were next.

“Such a shame. She was a wonderful follower.” He mused. 

“Where’s Kelly?!” Draco ordered, bringing him out of his thoughts.

“She’s fine, don’t worry.” 

“Bring us to her.”

“Draco Malfoy. You’ve grown a backbone, haven’t you? Must have been from that time spent in Azkaban—” 

“What the fuck are you talking about? I was never—“

“Was it two or three years ago? I can’t remember, really. My cousin, he served time in Azkaban you see. He mentioned to me when I visited that he saw you there. Said it was rather odd, seeing you. Said you only stayed for a few hours, too. That’s unheard of, you know.” 

“Stop fucking around, Ellington!” Harry interjected tersely, but it was too late. He shot a worried glance in your direction, but you didn’t see him. You were watching Draco. 

“You never told me you were in Azkaban?” you asked, thrown by this knew information. 

“Not now, Kris.” He said, teeth gritted. You quieted, agreeing that it wasn’t the time, but you couldn’t help your mind racing. You glanced questioningly at Harry, but he averted his eyes, putting his attention back on Thomas. To your horror, you saw the shield flicker feebly and then give out. The three of you stood, surrounded and unprotected.