Chapter 2

[Setting: Dupain-Cheng residence, Monday morning, first day of school]

"Girls! Your going to be late for school!" Sabine yelled. Marinette face planted out of her bed and onto the floor, Tikki giggling. Bridgette on the other hand, shot up out of bed, got tangled in her blanket and fell head first onto the floor. Funny how they have separate rooms but act the same in the morning. Both girls groaned and scrambled to get ready. Tikki fixed Marinette's hair into her usual pigtails and then flew to Bridgette's room and fixed her hair. Both girls slipped on their shoes, grabbed their bags and scrambled downstairs to the kitchen. They both gave Sabine and Tom a kiss on the cheek before grabbing two donuts each and heading off to school. It was a longer walk but with Bridgette's help with setting the alarms and getting Marinette out of bed, they calculated they would get there on time. The two dodged traffic and enjoyed the scenery of early morning Paris. They got to school just as the warning bell rang. Alya sat with Nino so Marinette and Bridgette could sit with each other.  The two Cheng girl doodled in their seperate sketch pads, waiting for class to start.

[Setting: Agreste car, Monday morning, first day of school]

"Now I have finished organizing your new schedule as well Felix" Nathalie stated, continuing ranting on as if the boys were still listening to her. Felix was just reading his book as Adrien continued looking out the window. Finally the car pulled up in front of the school and halted to a stop. Adrien scrambled out of the car and Felix followed. They both looked at each other before walking into the school. They had small talk while they made their way to the class. They walked into the class and was greeted by Chloe right away. "Adrikins! Oh and Felix too! Why don't you two sit by meeeeee" she said, getting her face in theirs. The two boys took a step back. Adrien looked over at his best friend Nino too see he was talking with Alya. "Hey Nino, hi Alya" he said, Felix following him. "Hey Adrien!" Alya piped up. "Sup man" Nino said. "Where's Marinette sitting?" He asked. Normally Marinette and Alya sit together. "Don't you know?" Alya said. "Don't I know what?" He asked, confused. "Didn't Marinette tell you during the summer...? You did talk to her during the summer...right man?" Nino said, giving Adrien a look. Adrien's face grew a bit darker as he felt ashamed of himself. Alya gave him a look. "Unbelievable boy!" She said. Felix just snickered behind Adrien. "Okay everyone take a seat." Adrien and Felix sat with each other and sighed. Roll call went on, after the boy's names were said they mainly blocked the other names out. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng" "Present" Adrien felt his lips curve into a smile at her voice. "Bridgette Dupain-Cheng" Felix felt his breathing stop for half a second and his heart ache at the name. "Present" His eyes widened as he heard the voice of the girl he rejected so many times.