Chapter 7. We are friends

Start from the beginning

"Girls in my school liked her. I had to have a topic ready to pick a conversation."

"Oh my god you're pathetic." I bursted out laughing and so did everyone else.

"Shut up Emma." He growled at me and I chuckled.

"Come on dude let's go grab some drinks" James said and they walked away.

"So" Stella said "Will Stefan drop by?"

I knew it.

I raised an eyebrow at her and a playfull smile appeared on my face "Someone has a crush" I said in a singy voice.

Stella turned red "I do not have a crush on Stefan"

I chuckled at how adorable she was. "I never said it was you, Demi could have a crush on him for all I know." I said raising my voice so Demi could listen to me.

"No thank you." Demi said rolling her eyes, taking a sip from her drink and I turned my attention to Stella.

"I told him about the party but I don't know" I said shrugging my shoulders "Stel, not to be a total buzz kill and a bitch right now, but don't get your hopes up too much alright? Stefan is a great guy but he flirts with anything that has got legs. Are you sure you want a guy like that?"

"It's just a silly crush relax" she said shrugging he shoulders.

I sounded like a bitch didn't I?

Come on, give me a break, I'm just looking out for her.

"You want me to beat him up? Just in advance. Say the word and it's done." I offered

She chuckled "Not really"

"Or I could put some laxative in his coffee, it's really easy." I said being serious.

Demi bursted out laughing

"God no" Stella said laughing "I don't want the poor guy dead."

I rolled my eyes "He wouldn't die. He just wouldn't be able to leave the toilet for a few hours. No bigie." I smiled sweetly and shrugged my shoulders

"You've gone mental, that's it." Demi said over the music which had gotten louder chuckling.

"Who's gone mental?" asked Nate taking a seat

"Emma" Both Demi and Stella said

"We already knew that" Nate said

"Gee thanks. Some friends you are" I said rolling my eyes.

The music had gotten louder by now and a couple minutes later Nate let his drink down and turned to me "Come on Em, let's go dance"

"Can't you go find another girl?" I asked groaning

"I wanna dance with you. Would you please do me the great honor?"

"Gee, you're dripping with sarcasm. But you don't have to beg." I smirked "You know how to dance Bachata or are you just going to embarrass me?" I asked

"Of course I do, get your lazy ass off the stool now so I can teach you"

I got off the stool "I don't need you to teach me." I said smirking

We walked up to the spot where a few people where dancing.

Nate pulled me close "Try to keep up" He whispered in my ear before taking my left hand and placing it on his arm. He laced our fingers of my right and his left hand then rested his hand on my waist again holding me close.

Isn't it a bit awkward that I'm about to dance bachata, a dance that's basically grinding on your partner with one of my closest friends?
Nope, not at all