Chapter 2

- 1 week later -

- Dan's POV -

I sat on the couch and stared at the tv screen, not absorbing anything I was watching. Not a minute had gone past where his face didn't fill my thoughts. He was on the plane home right now, and I was almost shaking in excitement. My thoughts got interrupted by a breaking news report on the tv screen.

"Breaking News. Flight E076 departing Paris and arriving in London has just crashed 50 minutes away from the London airport. It is speculated that the cause of this was a terrorist attack. 5 have been confirmed dead so far and 20 seriously injured. If you are a family member or friend of a passenger in this flight, it is highly recommended you call this number."

A 6 digit number flashed across the screen and I scribbled it onto a note as quick as I could. I dropped to the floor and immediately broke down in tears. With a shaky hand I reached for my phone and dialled the number. I held the phone to my ear, that being the only thing I was aware of. I couldn't see a thing, I couldn't feel anything.

"Sir, calm down. What is the name of your friend?" A stern voice chanted through the phone.

"Philip Lester." I stuttered, saying it with all the strength I could.

"Stay on the line." He said and disappeared from my hearing.

Silence was all I could hear. It felt like I was sitting there on my floor for hours until he came back.

"What is your name?" He asked.

"Daniel Howell." I muttered.

"I have bad news." He said.

My heart broke. This couldn't be happening. What would I do without him.

"Phil is breathing but he is in critical condition. He has been sent to the hospital but is under serious care and is not allowed any visitors. I will tell the staff what your name is and you will be allowed to see him as soon as you can. They will be in contact with you. Goodbye, Mr Howell." He said and hung up the phone.

I cried harder and dug my fingers into the thick carpet. I screamed in hysterics, I had no control over what I was doing. I ran up the stairs and jumped in Phil's bed, hugging tightly at his pillows and screaming into them.