Ch. 5: 1 Pic = 1,000 Words

Start from the beginning

            “Yes Ms. Wilson.”

She got onto the elevator, put in her key, pushed her floor number, the elevator went up and up and up.  She soon got to her floor, took her key out once the doors opened, and headed toward her door to her apartment.  She unlocked her door, and went inside and shut the door.  “Home sweet home,” she said leaning back against the door and sighed.

            She put her coat in the closet, took off her shoes, and carried her briefcase to the couch, and went to the window to look out at her view.  She was thankful for this suite.  When she needed to clear her mind, all she had to do was come here, and look outside.

            She then smiled, turned back around, went over to turn on her CD player, playing her brother’s CD’s that she had in there already, went to the kitchen, and find her something to drink since she just ate with her brothers an hour ago.  She then grabbed her wine glass, pours a bottle of water inside it, and then takes a drink.  She never drank in her life but water and milk; no wine or hard drinks for her, not even pop or juice.

            She looks around her home.  It was really cute the way she set it up.  She got a hold of some connections knowing personally whom she wanted, and surprisingly one of her clients knew someone, which got Alex the number and email to Nate Burkus, the famous designer from the Oprah Show.

            She remembered Nate coming in and was excited because he told her that he loved to start with a fresh canvas, so it was going to be fun.  They worked with a budget, and getting what she loved and wanted, in a few weeks later, her place was beautiful.  Blues and purples everywhere in almost every room.  She even laughed remember that over the mantle of her fireplace, she wanted a picture hung there, which took Nate by surprise when she told him what she wanted, and he made it work.  Nate pulled some tight strings, and got a huge picture of her brothers together.  It was a picture from a magazine photo shoot that they did, and Alex loved it.  Of course their looks changed over the years, but she didn’t want to change it.  When she can come home every night, she would look at it, and pray that they were okay that night, and some day they would meet.  Which was now a month ago.

            She poured more water into her glass, carried it over to the couch, sat down putting her glass on the coffee table, turned to open up her briefcase, and pulled out the notebook that she just got a few hours ago from her brothers.

            She studied the ‘Journal’ tab that Joe was talking to her about and it was bugging her on what he had to say.  She opened it up, and saw that Joe was the first one to start it.

            This is stupid.  Mom said that we have to do this for you.  So here it goes. I hate you.  Why do you have to come into our lives now?  I still think you want our money, even though mom says you’re not.  It has always been us boys, no girls in this family, until Kevin found Danielle.  I love Danielle; she’s a great sister-in-law.  But you.  You come here yesterday to my brother’s wedding, and ruin it for him and Danielle.  I know, mom said that she was the one that really planned it, not you.  But I still think you’re a part of it some how.  I hate you.  I was being nice this morning when you left.  I didn’t want to be rude in front of my family.  I can’t believe that you have the nerve to call my parent’s mom and dad when they’re not even your true parents.  My parents raised us, not you.  Why did you have to come here? ~Joe~

            Alex jaw dropped.  Joe really did hate her.  She understood.  She felt like her heart was ripped into two, and started to tear up, but she calmed down remembering that this was last month after the wedding, and Joe said at lunch that he was sorry for what he said.