Notes and Sugar

I carefully examined the paper and riddle, reading it over repeatedly. I could not believe my uncle Nelson had passed away. But from what? He didn't mention that he had any illness. I carefully placed the paper on my desk and sat in the chair that was next to my desk. I examined the key reading the word "Arcadia" and thinking to myself. "Arcadia? Does such a place even exist?" I place the key on my desk. I glance at the pigeon noting that the poor thing must have come from a great distance. I leave to go find it nourishment.

As I walk into the kitchen I see my sister trying to reach for the salt that was on the top shelf of our pantry. "Oh Percy! I'm so glad you're here! May I please ask you for a favor?" She says as she looks me in the eyes. I grin " Of course Amelia, ask away." I say while letting out a small chuckle. She walks up to me and points at the top shelf. "Percy can you please grab the salt for me?" she says in a helpless tone. I smile. "Of course... little sister." I chuckle. She folds her arms "I'm not litte! I'm eighteen!" she exclaims. I grab the salt for her. "And I'm twenty two." I say devilishly. Amelia snaches the salt from me and goes back to baking. I look around in the pantry and find a bag of seeds. I take about a teacup full of seeds and return to my room to feed the pigeon.

After I had given the bird the seeds, I sat in my chair and took the key and observed it once again. Running my finger across the word "Arcadia" I sigh and go to look for yarn to attach to the key. After I retrieve the yarn I tied it on the key then tied it around my neck and wore it as a necklace. Once I had finished tying the knot I hear Amelia call for me. I go to see what she needs. I find Amelia in our mothers room. My mother was laying in bed as usual. My mother has been sick for months now and she had been barely holding onto life. "What is it Amelia?" I ask. She looks at me with a concerned stare. "Mother is doing worse... I'm concerned for her." she said quietly. I gently pat her back "It's alright, do you think mother needs anything?" I ask. Amelia nods "Yes, do you think you could possibly go to the Market and buy more sugar, mother needs more for her tea." I nod "Alright Amelia." I kiss her forehead and leave to the market.