Mr. CEO

A/N: New story! I hope you like it. It will get better so just stick with me! 

Chapter 1

The phone fell to the ground with a loud thud, nearly shattering it.

“I’m sorry Cam. I thought you should hear it from me. Eric is uh…well he’s dead Cam. His parents found him in his room this morning.”

It kept repeating in my head. It can’t be true.

No! This is some kind of sick joke. I just talked to him last night. Everything was fine. Everything was normal!

Now he’s dead?! He left me. He’s gone.

I wish it was a joke.

But it’s not.

It’s all real.

I know because I’m standing at his casket. He looks peaceful. Just like he’s sleeping. I don’t know how much more of this I can take.

I’ve got to leave. I can’t stay here any longer.

I walk outside before taking my heels off and running. I don’t know where I’m going but I can’t stay here.

My heart is pounding in my chest. My legs are aching for me to stop. But I can’t. I’m not far enough away.

Finally, I reach the middle of town.

Home is not too far away.

I slow down to walking instead of running. I ignore everyone. I don’t really want to talk to anyone. They say the same thing as everyone else. Giving me sympathy. I’m so tired of it. I need a way to get out of here. But I have nowhere to go.

I’m finally in sight of my home. No one is home of course. They’re still at the funeral.

I run up the driveway. Rushing into the house.

I plop down on my bed and let out all the tears that have been threatening to come out.

**

I wake up to my phone blaring its terrible ringtone that comes with the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hello. This is Stacey Smith. I’m calling for Cameron Overstreet.”

“This is she.”

“Okay great. Ms. Overstrett, I received your application for the secretary position of the CEO at A&L inc. Am I correct that you put in this application?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Great! I would like you to come in for an interview. I understand that you live in Jacksonville. Your application was sent to all the separate companies. It just so happens that we are in the need for a secretary. The thing is, we are 3 states away from you. We are willing to fly you out here for an interview and we can go from there. You will also get a hotel for 2 nights, all paid for.”

This is a lot to take in.

3 states away?

“Ms. Overstreet?”

“Yes sorry, I was just thinking. When is the interview?”

“Tuesday at 10 am. We will fly you out on Monday. We have booked a hotel room for you for two nights. We would like you to stay in the city until Wednesday afternoon just in case the CEO would like to speak to you.”

Today’s Saturday. So I need to pack.

“Okay. That’s fine.”

“Great! There will also be a car to pick you up from the airport. Now, are you coming alone or is someone accompanying you?”

I’d rather go alone. I don’t want to be around anyone from here.

“I’ll be alone.”

“Okay, great! I will see you on Tuesday Ms. Overstreet.”

“Okay, thank you.”

After we hung up, I laid in bed thinking about what just happened.

My boyfriend dies and I get a job interview three states away. I’d rather have him back. I don’t even want to go to the stupid interview. More than likely I won’t get the job.   

Might as well start packing.

**

“Hey sweetie, what are you doing? Are you leaving already?”  I look at my mom standing in my doorway. She’s your typical mom. Blondish-brown hair. Bright green eyes, which is where I get mine from. She’s not too much taller than me. She’s about 5’8, slim frame. She’s the best mom in the world. She’s been there for everything. We’ve had our ups and downs of course. What teen and their parent doesn’t?

“I’ve got an interview on Tuesday for A&L inc. They called me a couple hours ago. I leave Monday morning.”

“That’s great sweetie. But it’s getting late. Get some sleep. You can finish packing tomorrow.” She comes over and kisses the side of my head.

“I love you sweetie. I’m so proud of you.”

“Thanks mom, I love you too.”

I toss the bag off my bed and plop down. I don’t think I’m gonna get any sleep.

I stare at the room I’ve been living in for the past 18 years. It’s pretty big. It has a queen size bed. A huge flat screen tv. A walk in closet that’s almost too small for all my clothes. The walls are black on bottom with a white molding around the middle and purple on top.

I love it. It’s my own little getaway from the world.

I lay down and stare at the ceiling.

Things are about to change dramatically. 

A/N: Did you like it? 

Vote, comment! 

Give me advice! 

:)