Siblings of Euna

Hey, guys! I'm so glad you're liking the story so far! It honestly makes me really excited for the future chapters! I hope you enjoy this and happy reading!

Kingdom of Euna - Northern Citadel

"It's morning, Lord Jack."

Slowly, Jack fluttered his eyes open and saw one of his maids, Kida, smiling down goodnaturedly at him.

"Five more minu-"

"Uh uh," Kida tutted, raising a brow. "I've heard that false promise before, Lord Jack."

He knew better than to ignore her and close his eyes again for more blissful sleep, for although Kida had a reputation for being dutiful and attentively listening to her master's wishes, she was a tough and serious maid when she was forced to put her foot down and wasn't afraid to speak her mind when she felt Jack was out of line.

Right then, another person popped into his line of vision. A girl wearing the same uniform as Kida, with raven-black hair, lips as red as blood, and skin as white as snow, prodded him gently at his side.

"It's morning, Lord Jack!" the other girl, whose name was Snow White, said cheerily. "Time to wake up!"

Both maids leaned back respectfully as Jack slowly and reluctantly sat up from his bed, rubbing at his still tired eyes and ruffling his already messy, silvery-white hair.

"What is it, Kida, Snow White?" Jack groaned. "Isn't it still the middle of the night?"

"Are you all right?" an elderly man who stood not too far away from them asked: North. To those who did not know Jack's oldest retainer well, he could be seen as intimidating and gruff with his unruly white beard and his intense blue eyes, but Jack knew that underneath his tough exterior was a fatherly and compassionate person he could count on. "Even if it is dark out, it is already morning. Today is the day for you to practice."

A man with startlingly green eyes, and jet black hair came forward with a sword. "I've already prepared your weapon for your practice," the man known as Toothless - for there was a rumor that his teeth were too white to be real, thus starting the speculation that his teeth weren't really his to call his own - said, smiling. He was Jack's butler.

Jack nodded. "Thanks, guys. I don't know what I'd do if you didn't do these simple but totally helpful things for me."

The group laughed. "Oh, believe me, Lord Jack," Kida said, "we know that you're perfectly capable of handling yourself on your own."

"That may be so," Jack said, stifling a yawn and stretching his arms above his head, "but I'm still sleepy..."

"In that case, let me wake you up," Kida said, a knowing smirk passing between her and her sister. "Snow..."

Snow White grinned. "Yes, sister!"

They both moved to each side of Jack, placing their hands on his cheeks. Snowflakes suddenly shot out from their hands, prompting a surprised yelp from Jack.

"Okay, that's cold!" Jack said, recoiling back from the chill. He put his hands in front of him in surrender. "I'm up! I'm up already!" He scooted to the edge of the bed, giving a little scowl to the two maids.

Kida snickered. "We can't be soft, Lord Jack. After all, we are from the Ice Tribe."

"All right, all right," Jack groaned. "I get the message: Don't sleep in unless you want two freezing cheeks in the morning."

The two sisters giggled. "How was your night, Lord Jack?" Snow White asked. "Did you sleep well?"

"I guess," Jack said, remembering all that had happened before Kida woke him up. "Although I had that dream again..."