chapter 1 - Pilot

Start from the beginning

Day Two

Morning - Salvatore Boarding House - The Roof

A teenager stood on the roof, his hair dirty blonde, almost brown, his eyes green, his skin fair.

Stefan: (voice over) "I shouldn't have come home. I know the risk. But I had no choice. I have to know her."

The boy jumped off the roof, landing safely on the ground below.

A girl with medium brunette hair, brown eyes and fair skin was watching him through the window from inside, her style an 'I don't care' way.

-

Inside - Parlor 

The girl turned to look at a man with brunette hair, brown eyes and scruff on his chin, tan skin and a bland style. "What is he doing here? This girl that looks like another from when they were humans? There has to be something else."

"I don't like it either," the man told  her. "But he's not the worst one out of all three."

"You're right, he's not," the girl agreed, gesturing outside where the teenage boy had gone. "But whenever Stefan comes to visit, Damon's usually not that far behind. And we've never even met Kaylin."

"I know that, Nicola," the man told her, growing impatient. "But there's not much we can do about either of them. At least we know Kaylin's not likely to make an appearance, Nikki."

The man walked out of the room, leaving.

Nicola hesitated, looking to the side. "Does that mean I still have to go to school?" The man didn't answer. "Dad?"

The man didn't answer.

Nicola sighed, grabbing her bag from the floor, pulling it over her shoulder, walking toward the door.

-

Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

The oldest of the two girls in the room was lying on her bed, writing in her diary. She had long, straight brunette hair, brown eyes and olive skin, her style almost bland.

Elena: (voice over) "Dear diary, today will be different. It has to be."

The younger girl sat on the window seat, looking out of the window, her diary in her lap. She looked nearly identical to her older sister. Her hair was natural curls, her make-up was noticeable, her style edgier than her sister's, but not too much.

Alex: (voice over) "I will smile, and it will be believable. My smile will say 'I'm fine, thank you.' 'Yes, I feel much better.'"

The older sister was still writing in her diary.

Elena: (voice over) "I will no longer be the sad little girl who lost her parents. I will start fresh, be someone new." 

Alex and Elena: (voice over) "It's the only way I'll make it through."

-

Kitchen