Hanging With Hayes

[btw sorry about all these typos. its so hard to type on my new tablet]

"You ready?'' Hayes asks me as he approaches my locker at the end of the day.

I tell him ''yup'' as I shut my locker and we start walking towards his house.

"So... How are you and Cole doin?'' he asks me.

"Can we not talk about Cole, please?'' I ask.

"oh, yea. I'm sorry. I just... we haven't talked in so long I don't know what to say.''

"well we've known each other for so long I don't think it matters if one of us says something stupid or whatever.'' I laugh.

He chuckles. "yea. I guess that's true.''

"We need to catch up though.''

"yea, no kidding.''

Theres a pause and then he says ''And none of that, 'is your favorite color still blue?'. I want to know the deep stuff.''

I look up at him and for moment I'm just so amazed. "You remember my favorite color?''

He looks me in the eyes and says ''Well yea. I haven't forgotten any little thing about you. How could I? You're so amazing.''

I blush, thinking that after all these years, someone remembers all the small things about me that I once told them when we were just kids.

And to think that Cole hadn't just forgotten about my favorite songs or my favorite color. No, he forgot about me entirely. But all of a sudden he's telling me that he misses me, wishing I was next to him...

Cole's pov

"Yo bro, what are you gonna do for you and Cassidy's 6 month anniversary?'' Dana asks me once we had just finished recording in the studio.

"Oh... I haven't put much thought into it.''

"Brooo. What's wrong with you?''

I shrug.

"Umm... is everything okay? You seem down.''

I shrug again. "I don't know... I just messed up.''

He furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

Instead of filling him in like good friend would, I just get up from the couch and walk away.

I go down the long empty hallway to a lonely corner and facetime Ariel.

Ariel's pov

Hayes and I are sitting on my bed, giggling with his arms wrapped around my waist with his head on my shoulder, and for the past 2 and a half hours we've just been catching up.

As I'm about to take an Instagram picture of the two of us, my iPhone screen changes to let me see that Cole's trying to facetime me. I hit ignore and just continue on with taking the picture.

Once I post it, Jess is blowing up my phone. I ignore her too as I'm just enjoying my time with Hayes way too much right now. I'm beginning to be happy again when I haven't been in a long time.

Hayes eyes a Sharpie that's been sitting out on my desk and asks ''Can I give you tattoo?''

I laugh and roll my eyes. "why not. Go for it.''

He jumps up, grabbing the Sharpie and holds my wrist in his hands.

When he's finished, I look down to see what he's written and see, ''Hayes was here'' but the was is crossed out and above it is 'will always be' with a heart at the end.

I blush. "aww. Hayes I love it.'' I tell him. "that's so sweet.'' I throw my arms around his neck and hug him.

When we pull apart from our hug, he says, ''I can't believe we ever stopped being there for each other. But I swear, that's never gonna happen again.''

I smile and nod. ''Good.''