"What happened to you?" At that, I sat up, pretty mad...I have no idea why though. I guess it's because I didn't want to face the fact that something happened today that shouldn't have and I don't want to talk to anyone about it.

"Excuse me? Nothing happened to me. Just had a bad day, alright?" I asked her. I felt bad for being rude to her but I didn't want to talk. I rolled onto my side away from her and fell asleep, only to dream about what happened this afternoon. I woke up and took a shower to get my head cleared. I decided to stay up because I didn't want to go back to sleep fearing I might see that again. I knew I wouldn't want to go to school the next day so I just stayed up.

I tried to go back to sleep but all I would do was have nightmares about Max and that wolf. I didn't like it so I tried my best to stay up until it was time to get up for school. When my alarm went off, I staggered to my feet and walked out to the living room where my aunt was. Once she saw me, her eyes went wide at my appearance. I knew I had bags under my eyes and looked like a stoner. I can't believe those dreams kept me up all night. Why did Max have to do this to me?

"What the heck happened to you?" my aunt asked. I just looked at her, too tired to argue or say nothing was wrong with me

"Couldn't sleep," I told her and she stood up, putting her hand on my forehead. She pulled it away quickly like she got burnt. She looked at me with wide eyes and I just looked around, confused.

"You're burning up! Lay down and don't move," she said and I laid down only to hear the doorbell ding. I groaned and got up, slowly walking to get it. I wasn't expecting the guy I just met to be there. Inside, I started to freak out, remembering what happened yesterday. I really wasn't ready to face him right now or even talk to him for that matter. I'm scared of him...

"Go away," I said, trying to close the door but he just held it with his hand, pleading me with his eyes to keep the door open for him.

"No, Peyton. I need to explain something," he said.

"You don't need to explain anything. I saw it all yesterday," I told him and didn't have the energy to push the door any longer so I just let it go and Max stumbled a bit.

"I'm so sorry, Peyton. Please just talk to me," he told me and I felt a tear slide down my cheek. I really didn't want to have this conversation with him. I'm scared of him hurting me...I'm scared of him in general.

"I can't. You scare me," I whispered and kept my head down but he lifted it up. I couldn't look at him so I closed my eyes. I can't believe that I said that out loud. I was mostly just thinking it but the words just flowed right out of my mouth like hot lava.

"Look at me," he said. His voice was pained. I shook my head, thinking of what I saw yesterday.

"No, you're a freak. You aren't supposed to be alive," I said and his hand left my chin, stunned.

"That's really what you think of me?" he asked. He sounded like he was getting mad. I just nodded and looked down. "Well fuck you, then. I came to tell you that you are the most amazing girl ever but fuck it. You don't deserve to be told that. You're nothing but trash. Forget you." He walked away and I shut the door, crying hard. Why did it hurt so bad when he told me that?

It felt like my heart was literally breaking in two. I walked back to the couch after drying my eyes and laid down only to have my aunt hand me some soup. She wrapped a blanket around me but I decided I needed to go to school since I didn't yesterday. I only had twenty minutes to get ready so I put on some baggy pants, a baggy t-shirt and jacket with some Nike's and put some cover up on to cover the bags under my eyes. Well, I look like shit. My cousins and brother stared at me the whole time I drove them to school and once they got out of the car, I could breathe easier. I knew my brother was worried about me. Why did I tell Max what I did? Why did I have to not only hurt him, but myself?? I can't believe I actually did that.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Let me know what you think :)

-<3