Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

I nodded, "So umm, you guys ran tests, like blood test and stuff?"

"Yes we did."

"And you guys also checked for STD's and things like that?"

"We were very thorough I'm sure you'll be happy to know that everything came back fine. Aside from your injuries your perfectly healthy."

"Thank you," I breathed a bit easier knowing that I didn't catch anything.

He nodded, "If your in pain, or need anything just ring the nurse. Once I leave I'll call in a Nurse to give you your medication. In the meantime you should eat. Taking the pills on a empty stomach is not recommend."

Once he left out Ms. Sheila came back in and a nurse brought me in some food. I didn't much of an appetite so I simply ate my jello and took my pills.

They wanted me to walk around since I've been laying down for so long and after that I got to take a bath in the bathroom in my room. I was in there for close to an hour scrubbing and trying to wash away all the disgusting things that he did to me.

I was in there for so long that Ms. Sheila checked on me twice just to make sure that I was okay. I broke down twice but once I was out the shower I promised myself that I wasn't going to cry anymore. I dressed in a fresh hospital gown and I got back in bed and caught up with Kaliyah. She had a coloring book and I was helping her color a picture at her request.

I was enjoying myself and the fact that she was keeping me distracted and keeping my mind off what happened to me. I heard a faint knock at the door and watched as it opened. I assumed it was another nurse or the doctor but when I looked up I locked eyes with August.

The room got awkwardly quiet. I wasn't ready to face him, not yet. I didn't know what to say to him. I knew by now that he found out I was pregnant with his child. But the worse part was I know that he got that video that Jayceon sent and he probably watched it. I knew that he knew what happened to me, I'm sure everyone did.

I'm surprised that they let him in. The doctors and nurses saw the bruises on me and started asking me if August was abusive. No one knew that I was kidnapped, beaten and raped. The nurse from last night tried to get me to press charges on August. I lied to her and told her that I fell but I could tell she didn't believe me but she left it alone.

Kaliyah who was silently humming turned around when she heard the door close and her face lit up.

"Daddy," she pointed at me, "Mommy's awake."

"I see," I was looking everywhere I could to avoid eye contact with him, he walked over to the bed and leaned down and kissed her cheek.

"Look at my picture," she smiled proudly and held up one of the pictures we just finished coloring.

"You colored this all by ya'self?"

Kaliyah looked at me and back at August, "Mommy helped."

I looked up and August looked at me and I quickly looked back down.

"Come on Liyah," Ms. Sheila stood up from her chair, "Are you hungry?"

"Yes but I don't want to leave."

"Were just going downstairs, we'll be back."

She closed up her coloring book but before she looked at me, "Don't go to sleep."

"I wont, I promise."

She leaned into kiss my cheek and August helped her down off of the bed. Ms. Sheila took her hand and I watched as they walked out. Once the door closed behind them I didn't know what to do or say. I focused my attention on Kaliyah's picture as if it was the most interesting thing I've ever seen.