III: Migrane

Hey yow, dear readers! As promised, this chapter was extra-long to make up for the previous one. That one was crappy. I fast updated and didn't seek any errors, which was probably the biggest mistake I'd done in writing. So I re-updated and corrected those mistakes, which were awful. Just. Really. And I think this is your most awaited scene!

Disclaimer: I own neither Percy Jackson nor Supernatural.

And I will say that we should take a day to break away,
From all the pain our brain has made,
The game is not played alone.
And I will say that we should take a moment and hold it,
And keep it frozen and know that,
Life has a hopeful undertone.
~Migraine, Twenty One Pilots

Chapter 3: Migraine

Percy was running from the gorilla-wolves from quite some time now, Riptide drawn and held tightly in his fist. He glanced back again for the millionth time that minute, and didn't relax when he didn't see anything.

Really, if the werewolves were just the animalistic thing combined with a wolf with really good tracking noses, the full moon last night would not be quite as troublesome as it would—

He yelped as one of them suddenly jumped from behind the trees, ahead of him and clawed at his shoulder, dragging him down and sending them both crashing to the forest ground.

The gorilla-wolf, thanks Poseidon for small mercies, didn't howl—which would alert other gorilla-wolves—seeing that it could finally have a meal without yummy Percy sharing to others. Greedy gorilla-wolf.

And that thought made him kick his legs up as much force as he could muster at the gorilla-wolf looming above him.

Apparently, once they caught his scent, they would be hell bent on hunting him down.

The gorilla-wolf tumbled back a step from the unexpected assault, and it was enough for the demigod to roll away and spring up, and he slashed at the monster with reckless abandon.

No time to play now.

The monster flinched, but it seemed more angry than hurt from the blow.

He ducked as a massive paw slashed through the air where his head had been a second ago, and as he rose, his bronze sword rose with him upwards.

Where the first blow was careless and barely gave the monster a scratch, the second was calculated and struck true.

The smell of blood filled the air, tangible, iron and sharp, mingling with the demigod's, and with it the enormous hulking form growl-howled, no doubt attracting other creatures and monsters.

Percy hoped it wasn't a code for 'help, yummy lunch here.'

The dawn's air was suddenly filled with answering growl-howls. Fear pricked the demigod's skin, and even wounded, the monster probably could smell fear in the air and used the moment's distraction as its advantage.

Sharp claws pierced through his skin again, swiping at his shoulder, and Percy gritted his teeth to keep himself from crying out, but they didn't let go, and the next moment he knew, they were rolling on the forest ground, staining his tattered shirt even more with blood and gore.

They halted, the gorilla-wolf towering menacingly above him, pinning him to the ground, when several things happened at once:

A consciousness trickled at the corner of his mind, barely there─