Chapter 9 - I'm Here For You

Start from the beginning

Emilia's mouth was already open for her to shoot a snarky retort, but Erik abruptly spoke and piped in on the conversation in front of him.

"How about YOU stop acting high and mighty on your little horse, Renee? If Dad didn't took you in, then maybe you would be one of the sluts on standby at the streets, waiting for a night of a romp in exchange for petty money."

"You two talk," A male voice interjected. "As if you both are the most perfect people in the world."

All heads turned to the door where a charming blond and blue-eyed man stood, wearing a yellow plaid button-up, which showed off the muscles he has.

"Bodie..." Emilia trailed off in surprise, not expecting his best friend slash crush slash crew mate to be currently in the same room with her.

"Hi!" Erika greeted sweetly, straightening her posture and batting her eyelashes at the good-looking blond. "I'm Erika Rebena Sanchez."

"Hey," Bodie greeted politely, flashing a completely polite smile. "Bodie Knoxville."

"Mmm, Bodie? That's a... nice name."

Bodie shot the flirty female a weirded out look before nodding slowly and walking towards Emilia.

"Hey, Emi." He greeted with a brighter smile, relief and concern mixed in his eyes. "You feeling okay?"

"Doing fine, B." Emilia answered after spending a second or two of staring at him blatantly.

"Wait, you know him?" Erika asked in utter surprise, looking at Emilia with an extreme gleam of disbelief in her eyes.

"Yeah, so?"

"So?" Erika asked. "What the hell's your relationship with him? Is he one of your sex clients or something?"

Emilia looked offended while Bodie merely raised an eyebrow at Erika's description of him. Internally though, he wanted to yell at the said female, but he was determined to not stoop down to their low level.

"Do you really think that low of me?"

Before Erika, Erik or Renata could reply, Bodie suddenly cut in.

"To clear up some things here," He started, capturing everyone's attention.

"First of all, I'm not anyone's sex client."

Erika slowly nodded.

"Second," Bodie slipped and entwined a hand with one of Emilia's before he gazed lovingly and adoringly at her. "I'm Emilia's boyfriend."

Erika gaped, Erik's eyes widened and Renata gasped. While a certain someone had a light blush painted on her cheeks.

"W-whatever!" Erika yelled. "I'm leaving!"

Erika stomped out, followed by Erik and Renata who rudely muttered some loud and negative remarks about Emilia and her so called "sluttiness".

As soon as the door was shut, Bodie sat on the side of the hospital bed, still holding Emilia's hand.

"Emi?"

"You didn't have to lie for me, you know." Emilia said after a long moment of silence, pulling her hand away from Bodie's, who in turn, frowned at the gesture. "I could've just made up some lame excuse."

An awkward silence took over them before Emilia broke it. "Why are they even here anyway? How did they even know that I'm here?"

Bodie scratched the back of his head, knowing he had to take responsibility. "Umm, yeah, about that... It was me."