Chapter 1 - Logan

I was sitting at my desk trying to get some work done when I heard three knocks on my door. I sighed and quickly told whoever it was to come in. I don't even look to see who walks in, already annoyed that they were interrupting. Finally, I heard a woman's voice introduce herself.

"Mr. Wakefield, I'm Ava Wilde, your intern," she quickly said. My heart stilled in my chest at the sound of her soft voice. I knew that voice. My head popped up and I saw Ava, my Ava, standing in front of me in red heels, a black pencil skirt and a white button down blouse. I must be dreaming. She finally lifted her head and we locked eyes. I immediately stood and rounded my desk. I quickly walked to her, needed to touch her, to see if she was real. She didn't move, she just stood there frozen. When I was nearly inches from her face I grabbed her and crashed my lips to hers, putting all the pain and love I've been feeling over the past two weeks into our kiss. At first she remained still, but after a few seconds she returned my kiss with eagerness. A minute later she pulled away, gasping.

"Logan, what are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here?" I said as I kissed her chin, her neck. I couldn't stop touching her. She's here, I kept repeating to myself.

"I'm an intern here, your intern actually," she answered as a worried look crossed her face.

"I thought you were in Boston?" I asked confused.

"I thought you were in Chicago?" she asked at the same time.

"From there, but live here, have for ten years," I breathed against her neck.

"I know we never really got into those details, but I'm studying here in Northern California," she gave a soft chuckle.

"You're right, we never covered those facts." Thinking back to our conversation we had before the car broke down in Paris. "I can't believe this. I can't believe you're here. You're real." I pulled her into me, resting my chin on the top of her head. After a long hug I pulled back, and ran my hands down the side of her face. I still couldn't believe she was standing her in my office. This whole time I thought we lived on opposite sides of the country, but we been under each other's noses this whole time.

"And you're an architect. How did we skip by all this information? Wow, my head is spinning," she said breathing deeply.

"Yeah, and if you're an intern....wait, I thought you were an art history major?" remembering back when she bought her books in Paris.

"Olivia is the art history major. I'm studying historical architecture," she smiled.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you. You're all I ever think about Ava," I leaned down and kissed her. Her body softened against me, like its known me for years. She moaned into our kiss and I couldn't help myself. I picked her up and wrapped her legs around my waist. I turned and sat her on the edge of my desk.

"This is crazy," she breathed. "Logan I'm your intern, we can't be doing this." She placed her hands on my chest, slightly pushing me back, trying to put space between us.

"The only thing that's crazy is if we don't do this," I said wrapping my hands around her wrists and bringing them behind her back.

"It's just-"

I interrupted her with another kiss. I was not going to let her talk herself out of this one. "Look, I know we need to talk about Paris and we will but before anything more happens I need you to know something," I said pulling back, staring at her beautiful green eyes.

"What?" She smiled at me. God I missed that smile.

"Ava, I thought Paris was going to be a fling between us, but then we starting spending more time together and I didn't want our time to end. You're smart, beautiful, kind, loving and everything I didn't know I needed or wanted. I've fallen in love with you, Ava. I want you today, tomorrow and every day after that. Sweetheart, believe me when I say you're it for me." I kissed the corners of her mouth and once on the nose. I wait for her to say something, anything.