Chapter 14: No Interruption

Start from the beginning

As soon as he arrived at Leni's house, he stood up in front of her doorsteps, he fixed his hair and ironed his clothes with his palms. He took a deep breath and thought of a good greeting to tell her before he finally knocked into the door.

He slightly opened his mouth to begin his greetings but he was frozen upon seeing her next to him, his jaw dropped for a moment. "Nako salamat!" She was filled with gratefulness, he handed the folder to her, still unable to speak.

He stared at her as she briefly browsed the papers, he couldn't deny how captivated he was to see her in her spaghetti night dress which is blue green in color. Her smooth tan skin, her shoulders clearly flashing next to his eyes. Views that he missed to see for a long time.

"Bongets?" She uttered as she noticed him staring blankly at her. "Ah... Ha?" He got back to himself. "Sabi ko gusto mo ba ng coffee? Tea? Thank you ko narin sa pagdala mo nito dito." She offered and invited him in.

She immediately made a green tea for them to drink, they sat on the living room to have a quick rest. "May pupuntahan ka pa ba?" She asked upon noticing him glancing on his wristwatch.

"Ah, oo. Dadaan lang ako sa friend ko, malapit lang din dito." He shared. "Friend." She highlighted, nodding weakly as she took a sip of her green tea. "Oo nga, idadaan ko lang yung blue print kay Liza, yung architect ng project sa quezon city." He elaborated, she just nodded seeming to doubt him. "Friend... Liza..." She kept nodding playfully.

"Totoo nga, ayaw maniwala nito." He chuckled as he hinted her jealousy. "Oo nga, naniniwala naman ako." She uttered but she still sounded sarcastic. "Parang ano 'to, kaibigan ko lang yon, promise." He swore. "Oo nga, wala naman akong sinasabi bakit ang defensive mo." She laughed.

"Eh kase ikaw e," he chuckled.

"Alam mo, wala namang problema saakin kung pumorma ka sa ibang babae e." She assured but he found the idea ridiculous.

"Sus, nagseselos ka lang e." He retorted. "Ang kapal ha!" She playfully punched his arm. "Hindi ba?" He grilled. "Hindi noh! Kapal nito." She laughed and glared at him.

"'Di mo naman kailangan magselos, ikaw lang naman talaga." He assured and took a sip of his beverage. "Dapat lang!" Leni discreetly blushed while chuckling, Bongbong looked at her enthralled by her smiles. "Joke!" She laughed. He missed being that comfortable with her, her smiles brought nostalgia to him and it made him miss everything about them.

She smiled and looked back at him as she saw him staring at her. Next thing she knew, his face was slowly leaning closer to her but this time, she didn't feel the need to dodge away, she allowed him to press a soft kiss on her lips. He gazed into her eyes as their lips parted observing her response to his gesture but she seemed fine with it.

Their lips parted and their eyes met, their warm breaths countered each other and their heartbeats syncopated with each other's rhythm. She smiled softly at him hinting him that she isn't against what he just did.

He leaned again and resumed kissing her, he felt her weakly reciprocating causing their kiss to intensify bit by bit.

"Mmm!" She hummed and carefully withdrew from their intensifying kiss. "'Di ba may pupuntahan ka pa?" She reminded while he continued kissing her. "Oo, but that can wait." He ghosted her neck and trailed back to her soft lips.

"Sigurado ka ba?" She struggled to speak in the midst of their kisses. He didn't respond and continued relentlessly kissing her while his hands squirmed around her trunk tracing her edges and the arcs of her body — their kiss deepens. She unbuttoned the first locks of his polo, he unzipped her dress and made her back to incline as he reckoned her with his lips.