"Look at this!" Malfoy presented it to me and Blaise, non of us seemed at all amused "Weasley, you weren't thinking of wearing these were you? I mean - they were fashionable in about 1890..."

"Well... I think they're just fine" I piped up, walking into my brother carriage.

"Ah, spending too much time with Weasley filth aren't you Potter?" Malfoy stared into my eyes, freezing my blood "they've turned you into a blood-traitor lover! Trust you to think those robes are 'just fine' no wonder you'll never get a boyfriend!"

"So... Going to enter Weasley?" Malfoy turned to Ron " going to try and bring a bit of glory to the family name? There's Money involved as well, you know... You'd be able to afford some decent robes if you won..."

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion and looked towards Harry.

"What are you talking about?" Snapped Ron.

"Are you going to enter?" Draco repeated harshly, as if we were dumb "I suppose you will, potter? You never miss a chance to show off do you?" He spat towards my brother.

"Either explain what you're on about or go away, Malfoy" Hermione snapped testily, over the top of her book.

A gleeful smile spread across Draco's pale face.

"Don't tell me you don't know?" He sounded delighted "anyway, come Chloe, you've spent far too much time around them"

I glanced to Harry and Ron who nodded lightly, that way I know they won't be angry at me if I leave with Draco and Blaise. I smile and wave before leaving the compartment and heading to our own. What on earth was Malfoy on about?

My foul mood continued for the rest of the journey. I didn't talk as I changed into my robes and was still mute when the Hogwarts express slowed down at last, finally it stopped in the pitch darkness of hogsmeade station. As the train doors opened, there was a rumble of thunder over-head. I bundled my cat, Luna up in my cloak as I left the train with Pansy. The rain was now coming down so thick and fast that it was as though buckets of ice cold water were being emptied repeatedly over my head.

"Hi, Hagrid!" I yelled, seeing a gigantic silhouette at the far end of the platform.

"All righ', Chloe?" Hagrid bellowed back, waving "see yeh at the feast if we don' drown!"

"I wouldn't fancy crossing the lake in this weather" I told Pansy, shivering as we inched slowly down the platform "Imagine what it would do to my hair!"

"Judging by how you usually look Potter, it'd do you a favour!" I didn't have to turn around to know that is was Draco. I acted as though I hadn't heard the cruel thing he had just said, yet slowly raised a hand to smooth down my red hair regardless.

We finally reached the cavernous, torch lit entrance hall, with its magnificent marble staircase. The great hall looked it's usual splendid self, decorated for the start of term feast. Golden plates and goblets gleamed by the light of the hundred and hundreds of candles, floating over the tables in mid-air. The four long house tables were packed with chattering students; at the top of the hall, the staff sat along the fifth table, facing their pupils. It was much warmer in here. We walked past the Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws to get to our table, where I sat between pansy and Daphne, facing Blaise and Draco. Sorting of the new students usually took quite a while and I'm absolutely starving. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, that thanks to the rain, looks like rat tails. I thought about what Draco said... It was quite awful.

"Where's the new defence against the dark arts teacher?" Daphne asked, who was looking at the teachers.

We have never had a defence against the dark arts teacher who lasted more than three terms... There was Quirrel who, to put it lightly... Had Voldemort sticking out the back of his head. Second year, there was Lockhart, who was rather useless actually and last year we had Lupin. My favourite by far was Lupin, who had resigned last year. I looked up and down the staff table. There was definitely no new face there.