"Ma'm, Declan is more real than I am. I live outside the wall of Central. Declan lives everywhere. In your daughter's life and helps the government and regulates trade between the Shenzhen hegemony. He might only seem to appear as a virtual reality human existence in your daughter's mindspeak device. But Declan is very real."

"My daughter has told me," and spoke slowly, "She lost her virginity to him."

Rigil laughed outloud. And the police bot grabbed his shoulder and shook him. "This is not a laughing matter, citizen." He saw the processing lights flicker and Samantha's brother grin.

Asshole.

Rigil looked back to the screen. "Declan why am I here? To prove you love her?" And he let out a breath and sucked in the clean air. He coughed as his lungs were not used to fresh air.

"Why did you create me?"

"I will answer that if you tell me how you took a human girl's virginity?"

"Not the appropriate time and audience." Declan answered.

Rigil gave a sideways smile. That's my boy.

"Will you speak to your creation? I will take my family and go home. And will you ask Declan to give my family some peace." The mother looked Rigil deep in the eyes. "I will give you a couple of days in the city — all expenses paid — and anything you want. Just explain to Declan. This is my daughter. And non-organics and organics cannot fall in love."

"Well they already have." Rigil suggested.

"Well they can fall out of love." The mother said angrily.

Rigil felt his stomach rumble again. He hadn't been within they walls of the city in more than three years. He longed to have a roof over his head and not constructed out of 3D printer throw aways and have three days of regular meals. Clean water would be heaven. I don't care if it's all for a limited time.

'I will try."

"No try. Do." The mother said authoritatively. "And maybe we can work on you staying inside the walls on a more permanent basis."

"Will do." Said Rigil.

"Thank you Mr. Kent."

Her daughter's scarf disappeared and became sleeves again that were black in color. Her face became stern. "Do not listen to my mother!" Samantha said loudly.

"Mrs. Wu, can I speak to Declan and your daughter alone?" Rigil asked.

Mrs. Wu looked worried.

The police bot looked at her. "Wǒ jiāng jìxù." I will remain.

The mother nodded and put her hand on the back of her son and led him outside.

"Can you give us some space?" Rigil asked the police bot. "Can you wait by the door way?"

Samantha touched her mindspeak device. The lights flickered on the police bot. And then the police bot moved to the door and stood guard.

Rigil got closer to the wall screen where Declan was materializing and Samantha neared and whispered, "I love you, Declan."

"I love you, too." Declan said quietly.

"I want to explain how this happened," Rigil said pulling on the strands of his beard.

"We met. It needs no explanation." Samantha volunteered.

"I want you both to know. This is not the first time. When I was twenty eight, I got in trouble writing a program that would identify a picture of me anywhere it existed."