Chapter 11

I woke up haphazardly in the morning with the last night incidents still playing vividly in my mind.As I tried to come in terms with what happened I remembered that I had my Hindi exam and I hadn't studied a thing. 

Walking  to the school was the worst nightmare . Firstly I hadn't studied a bit for the exam and secondly I was startled about the 'Rishikesh rae thing.' Matter to be urgently reported to Oorja and Pratishtha

I urgently told them about all that happened.

"uhm....so whats 3171?" Oorja asked.

 "I don't know...I guess it's some codeword" I said.

"Codeword for what?" She asked.

"I don't know!" I replied.

"and the letter...?" Pratishtha asked.

I did not have any patience to answer any more questions.I was just as confused myself. I blankly stared at her. 

"and what...?" Oorja began

"STOP! I don't know anything guys! It is as mysterious to me as it is to you!!" I angrily replied.

"Alright...what should we do now?" Oorja asked diverting attention from the topic.She could sense my anxiety.

"Study.Tomorrow is the algebra exam."Pratishtha said.

"What...What...What..? I asked nearly 3 times. I had forgotten that there was a test the day after.

To me Algebra was equivalent to King Cobra.

 ***

As I returned back home from the school I rummaged my bag to find my algebra book.Much to my horror I realized that I had left it in the school. For a moment I considered not studying but the very sight of my mother made me change my mind and I decided to go back to school to find it.

"Uhm...Mom?" I asked my mom coyly.

"yes.." She looked at me.

"Could you take me to school?...I have left my algebra book there" I said

She almost immediately started scolding me .How I wished I could have ear buds with me so that  I could have covered my ears!

After a session of scolding,she drove me to school.  

I jumped off and raced down my school hall.

I stopped short after hearing voices coming from a classroom. It was 5:00 clock in the evening.Who could be there? I did not care to bother. My first priority right now was my book. I raced down to my classroom.As I entered the class...I was in for yet another rude shock.

Glasses strewn on the floor broken ...laid a person unconscious.

And at once I knew who it was.