I saved his life and in return I got immortality. InLoveWithAVamp [10]

A hooded figure pushed open the door of the tavern, his shoulders and hood covered in a light dusting of snow.

Only a few people were sat in the dark, dirty tavern- and none of them acknowledged the newcomer.

Someone at the back of the room stood up in silence, and pointed towards an open door next to the bar. The hooded figure nodded in thanks and walked across the room, leaving a trail of wet footprints on the dirt covered floor.

He walked through the door and down a winding corridor until he arrived at a large, heavy wooden door. Before he had a chance to knock, it swung open revealing a dark room behind it. In the centre of the room a large round table illuminated by a single candle waited. The hooded figure could just make out the faces of three people sat around the table. Two of the faces were unremarkable, unlike the man sat in the centre of the trio who was cloaked and wearing an intimidating scarlet mask.

"Welcome," an old, weathered voice rasped from beside the mask.

The hooded figure walked tentatively to the table, pulling a chair out to sit on.

"Reveal yourself Matthew," the masked man ordered.

The hooded figure lowered his hood, revealing his face.

"She's here," Matthew whispered, talking for the first time.

The masked figure leant forwards, excitement showing in his movements.

"It worked then. Now that she isn't protected by the catacombs it will be easy to get to her. I trust you'll be successful in retrieving her this time," the masked man said.

"Yes, please let me prove myself to you Lord."

"I've allowed you to prove yourself to me twice before but you failed both times-"

"Forgive me my Lord but I am better prepared this time. The first time we tried to retrieve her she was rescued by the Capitol. They set fire to the building; there was no way we could have fought back. The second time we were closer, but she escaped during the attack. At least we managed to take control of the catacombs in the process," Matthew said.

"Are you sure that you'll be able to get to her now?"

"Yes. They have already taken the bait and are in the town."

The masked Lord nodded before gesturing for Matthew to leave the room.

As he rose from his chair and walked to the door, pulling his hood up, the Lord said one last thing.

"I want her brought to me alive. It does not matter about her companion's life."

***

I was draped over Dorian's shoulder, screaming and laughing at the same time. I was hanging upside down and repeatedly hitting his back to let me down.

It all started when after a few minutes of walking I had pretended to twist my ankle. Dorian had been really concerned, and straight away he fell to his knees to check my ankle.

That's when I got my handful of snow and dropped it on the top of his head, rubbing it into his hair for good measure.

This was my punishment, being carried upside down.

"You said your ankle was hurt so I'm carrying you!" he shouted at me in an annoyingly cheerful voice.

"I lied! I promise I won't do it again!" I whined in a high pitched voice, brought on from hanging upside down.

In one swift movement he took me off his shoulder and placed me back on the ground.

I composed myself, straightening my coat and smoothing my hair. Then I smiled up at him with my best innocent-looking smile, clasping my hands together in front of me.