Chapter 1

"Elina you can trust me as you would trust your best friend. I am here to help you out of this mess and help you walk to live your life once again."

The councillor kept on trying to make me feel comfortable.

"Open up dear girl"

I took a deep breath closing my eyes. I knew I had to say it to someone.

Flashback

I was just 4 years old, too young to remember but somehow I know that moment. I was in the garden of my house's backyard trying to help our gardener plant some roses. I was simply getting a spa treat for myself in the mud. And that moment came which I still wish to go back in time and prevent it from coming.

My mother rushed to the backyard she came running towards me.

"El..? El..? Where are you honey?"

"Mom? I'm here planting some roses."

"We can do that later love. Now rush into your room and take out a dress that you would like to wear. I'll be there in two minutes"

"Are we going somewhere mommy?"

"Yes love. Now go hurry. Or else we will be late"

I ran happily to my room. Being just four year old, I did not sense the tension my mother's voice had.

I ran to my room and picked out my yellow dress and kept it on the bed and ran towards my glass wall that had a view to the backyard. I stood there waiting for mom to come and dress me up.

She was talking to our gardener. She looked scared. I could feel it but I was not aware of anything that was happening.

Mom walked into my room and picked up the dress that I had selected.

"You want to wear this love?"

I simply nodd my head.

"Okay then. You need to get cleaned first."

She dragged me in the bathroom and turned on the tap of the bathtub filling it with warm water and pouring a little of my favourite strawberry and rose foam liquid.

"Where are we going mommy? Is dad going to join us directly or mid way"

I asked jumping happily clapping my hands.

"Its only us love. We are playing a small hide and seek game with your father. And we have to win this okay?"

"Yayy.. Yesss.. And then I will ask him to build a Barbie Princess room for me. It will be so much fun right?"

"Yes ofcourse love. But let me tell you this game is no ordinary game. It is going to last for long. But you have to stay strong"

"Yes I will mommy. I am yours and papa's brave girl"

I said proudly showing my biceps to my mother.

She laughed sadly and once we were done cleaning she dressed me up and packed our bags and drove us away from our luxurious house to a new place between new people.

"What happened then?"

The councillor asked me curiously.

"Nothing.."

I paused thinking about my current situation.

"Nothing happned. Years passed on and on and on. I was now turning twelve and I had left all my courage to play hide and seek with dad."

"Did something happened that day?"

"Yes.. something really did happen."

"What is it?"

"The day my mother came and told me that we will be going out, that day my father committed suicide. He burnt himself. We still do not know the reason why. But he made sure to send a message my mother asking her to run away with me as long as we can"