Chapter Thirty Eight

Start from the beginning

“An adventure?” Zayn asked with a beaming smile on his face, and Harry couldn’t help but let a chuckle slip from his lips as he nodded to his beautiful boyfriend, before their lips came into contact once again.

“Shove your stuff on the backseat with mine, we’ve got a bit of a drive…your folks won’t mind me stealing you for a few days, will they?” Harry asked with an excited smile, as he revved the car engine up and looked towards the road, checking the view from behind him to make sure the road was clear. The roads were clear of any early morning traffic.

“They’ll be okay.” Zayn answered with a smile, before he carefully placed his backpack next to Harry’s own in the back, and placed the drawing book on the backseat too, before his hands went to the seatbelt to buckle himself in.

As Harry set off driving, Zayn’s excitable brown eyes watched as the Bradford roads started to slip away. Houses passed by, and Zayn watched them all, taking in all of the colours of the front doors and the gardens in front of them. Soon enough, Bradford had melted away and the two boys were driving down the motorway, and Zayn’s eyes left subconsciously counting the cars and looked into the side of Harry’s concentrating face. The soft, quiet sounds of the radio were filling the car, the only comfortable noise that either of the boy’s needed.

“Where are we going, Harry?” Zayn asked, after the long song that had been playing on the radio finished, giving what Zayn thought was he opportunity to talk. A sly smile slowly spread across Harry’s face, his dimple popping from his cheek as if to greet Zayn.

“Well that’s a surprise, fluffball.” Harry spoke softly, his green eyes concentrating on the road in front of him, his hands gripping the bottom of the steering wheel in his typical lazy way.

“But I want to know! Please?” Zayn asked again, his voice gaining volume due to how excited he was. He and Harry had talked about having many adventures together, going off to wherever they wanted, whether it be a city or countryside, and now the boys were having their first proper adventure. How could Zayn not be excited?

“If I give you a present will you stop asking me?” Harry asked, finally dropping his green eyed glance from the road and to Zayn for a moment, with a cheeky smile. Zayn’s eyebrow rose in surprise.

“Present?” Zayn asked, his innocent voice full of curiosity. Harry chuckled and gave a nod of his head before he looked back at the road in order to concentrate on his driving. The roads weren’t too busy, much to Harry’s relief, he wasn’t amazing at driving down motorways with millions of cars.

“Yeah. Present.” Harry reiterated, another chuckle leaving his ever-smiling lips. Zayn looked over how Harry’s face was twisted in delight, as if revelling in what he was about to give to Zayn. His thumb was tapping against the steering wheel to show how excited the curly haired boy was.

“You got me a present?” Zayn asked once again, as his mind tried to figure out why on earth Harry would buy him a present, his birthday had passed! Harry let out another long laugh.

“Yes, Zee! I brought you a present, because I am your boyfriend, as I have rights as your boyfriend to buy you a present if I want too.” Harry chuckled, his voice low as he spoke out about his boyfriend rights. Zayn’s face dropped, his lips falling into a small pout.

“But I didn’t know about that…I haven’t got a present to give to you…” Zayn spoke quietly, looking at Harry with those big brown eyes of his. Harry looked across at the boy next to him for a minute and let out another laugh, shaking his head at his boyfriend.

“Don’t be silly, you don’t need to get me a present.” Harry replied, as he put his concentration back onto the road, even though he could still see Zayn’s pout from the corner of his eye, as the brown-eyed boy sat in the front seat with his arms folded across his chest.