Inspirational Quotes on God

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

God doesn't owe us anything-
yet in His grace, He still gives us good things.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Only God can fully satisfy the hungry heart of man."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"The world will never starve for want of wonders."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Beauty is God's handwriting."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"The universe is centered on neither the earth nor the sun. It is centered on God."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"We shall steer safely through every storm, so long as our heart is right, our intention fervent, our courage steadfast, and our trust fixed on God."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Without the Way there is no going; without the Truth there is no knowing; without the Life there is no living."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Is your place a small place? Tend it with care; He set you there. Is your place a large place? Guard it with care! He set you there. Whate'er your place, it is not yours alone, but His who set you there."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"To fall in love with God is the greatest of all romances; to seek him, the greatest adventure; to find him, the greatest human achievement."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Our God is at home with the rolling spheres, And at home with broken hearts."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"If God shuts one door, he opens another."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Legalism says God will love us if we change. The gospel says God will change us because He loves us.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When I lay these questions before God I get no answer. But a rather special sort of 'No answer.' It is not the locked door. It is more like a silent, certainly not uncompassionate, gaze. As though He shook His head not in refusal but waiving the question. Like, 'Peace, child; you don't understand.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Too much of anything is dangerous unless it's God's Love.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Like when you sit in front of a fire in winter — you are just there in front of the fire. You don't have to be smart or anything. The fire warms you.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Well and good if all things change, O Lord God, provided I am rooted in You.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you have never known the power of God's love, then maybe it is because you have never asked to know it - I mean really asked, expecting an answer.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

God is willing to walk the earth again incarnate in us.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We obey God's Law, not to be loved but because we are loved in Christ.

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

God's love for us is uncoerced and so freely given that it does not demand a response. But so freely is it given that it creates freedom in the recipient, so that our response is not one of obligation or duty, nor the returning of a favor, but uncoerced love.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When I cannot understand my Father’s leading, And it seems to be but hard and cruel fate, Still I hear that gentle whisper ever pleading, God is working, God is faithful—Only wait.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If we are together nothing is impossible. If we are divided all will fail.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

You're just a prayer away from a change of heart.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jesus wants to give you peace.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Your walk with God does not depend on people, places, things or events.

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

God doesn't owe us anything-
yet in His grace, He still gives us good things.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The world will never starve for want of wonders.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Beauty is God's handwriting.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The universe is centered on neither the earth nor the sun. It is centered on God.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Without the Way there is no going; without the Truth there is no knowing; without the Life there is no living.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

To fall in love with God is the greatest of all romances; to seek him, the greatest adventure; to find him, the greatest human achievement.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Our God is at home with the rolling spheres, And at home with broken hearts.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If God shuts one door, he opens another.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you took the love of all the best mothers and fathers who ever lived (think about that for a moment) -- all the goodness, kindness, patience, fidelity, wisdom, tenderness, strength and love -- and united all those virtues in one person, that person would only be a faint shadow of the love and mercy in the heart of God for you and me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

One of the most arduous spritual tasks is that of giving up control and allowing the Spirit of God to lead our lives.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~